Microtel Inn and Suites Pittsburgh
900 Chauvet Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
412-788-7200

so I wrote a review:
Originally Posted by Richard Chen
Title: WORST HOTEL EVER
Pros/Positives: close to PIT, shopping
Cons/Negatives: No heat, no water, no toilet flush, no repairs done despite promises, little cleaning between says, little care for guests, staff barely speaks English
Review: I "won" this hotel @ a Priceline bid @ $41 for PIT airport area 2.5-star 12/31/2010-1/3/2011. I checked into room 104, turned the heater on & slept. I awoke to a 54°F room. I didn't even shower because it was so ridiculously cold. The building's insulation is awful also because I heard thumping from across the walls, thru door & from above. I reported the broken heater to the front desk then left for the day. I returned @ 9:30p to find my room card had demagnetized. Having kept the card away from EM fields all day, its cheap quality was why it demagnetized. The front desk lady recognized me from having taken my earlier heater complaint & asked me to check the room's heater likely because she knew she didn't get it fixed. Indeed, the heater wasn't fixed. She moved me to room 114. The heater worked but the sink's water didn't flow & the toilet didn't work but was too tired to deal with it that night. The next morning, I found the tv remote to be dead. I then examined the sheets to find 6 yellow stains & 3 hairs which weren't mine. Pillows were dusty on the bottom implying they were merely turned over and unchanged & unclean. A toothpaste stain in the sink implied it hadn't been cleaned either due to the lack of running water or plain ignorance. Fed up, I went to Priceline, bid for a 3.5-star hotel (gladly forfeiting my last night @ this hideous dump), moved my items out, registered my displeasure with Nitin @ the front desk, checked out & left forever. Good riddens. I also warn about the "breakfast" (sad-looking 3 cereals, miniscular milk boxes & possibly a muffin), "free" shuttle (apparently, it's either their family van or their hailing a cab service, in that order), low-quality soap & shampoo (severely drying, don't use) & thin (probably unwashed) sheets.

The problem is the operators' carelessness. They need to make serious repairs & not merely move guests to another broken room. Other Microtel's and other 2-stars are tolerable, but not this one.
and left it at
  1. FlyerTalk's "Microtel Pittsburgh Sucks"
  2. Epinions at this review
  3. CitySearch
  4. SuperPages (still in 3 days' review)
  5. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Local
  6. TripAdvisor at this review, further shared as a posting on my Facebook wall
  7. TravelPost
  8. TraveloCity (review oked)
  9. MyTravelGuide
  10. Wyndham corporate - Wyndham purchased Microtel last year
  11. TravelPost
These below sites require a confirmed reservation to review so I only submitted to the 1st:
  1. Priceline survey
  2. Expedia
  3. Hotels.com
I can't locate the property's operator's contact, Pittsburgh Lodging LLC, but if anyone knows to where else to spread this experience, do tell.

Last edited by Richard Chen; Feb 10, 2011 at 10:22 pm
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:17 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I had the worst stay ever at a Wydham property, the
Microtel Inn and Suites Pittsburgh[/url]
900 Chauvet Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
412-788-7200

so I wrote a review:

I can't locate the property's operator's contact, Pittsburgh Lodging LLC, but if anyone knows to where else to spread this experience, do tell.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Were you able to contact customer service? You can send also this to [email protected].
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs down follow-up

10. Microtel corporate
I reported it to the aforementioned. Is that the same as "Customer Service"? I received a near immediate reply from corporate who referred it to the property's manager, but I expect no further follow-up there.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:12 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
I reported it to the aforementioned. Is that the same as "Customer Service"? I received a near immediate reply from corporate who referred it to the property's manager, but I expect no further follow-up there.
Hello,
Yes, it is basically the same. Let me follow up with customer service & see if there is any additional information.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hello,
Yes, it is basically the same. Let me follow up with customer service & see if there is any additional information.
Any outcome from the follow-up??

Would really appreciate if you let us know.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 1:37 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I think that response is for Richard Chen to make, if he wishes - it would be improper for the company lurker to post the response to a customer's complaint, IMHO.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Originally Posted by silverfalls
Any outcome from the follow-up??

Would really appreciate if you let us know.
A representative from corporate replied on 1/4 within a speedy 2 hrs of my sending my complaint:
Originally Posted by email
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concern to our attention and
allowing us the opportunity to address your needs. We are sincerely
sorry to hear we did not provide you with an excellent Microtel Inn and
Suites experience. You can count on our team to help resolve your
concerns.

To assist you in reaching a resolution, I've informed the Microtel Inn
and Suites Pittsburgh's general manager of the situation. The general
manager will contact you by 01/10/11. As a company, we're committed to
delivering a great experience every time you stay with us, and I
sincerely apologize this did not happen in this case.

Richard, please know that we truly appreciate your feedback and the
opportunity to respond to your concerns.
I received a call 14 hours later from a female who said she worked at the property and wanted to follow-up about my recent stay. She left a voicemail on my office # before I arrived at the office at 9a. I returned the call at 9:40a to the caller id number and got a young male who said he didn't know any female workers there in the office, front desk or back office. I asked twice more about who might have called me and suggested the guy's boss, but he said he didn't know. As expected, the issue died there. Sigh.

Last edited by Richard Chen; May 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm
Old Jan 23, 2011, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum/Life Gold
Just to balance what sounds like a horrible stay I received excellent service from the same Microtel. There was a screwup with our reservations and we ended up flapping about for a room and the front desk person was quite helpful, finding a room for us even though their system said they were full. The hotel is nothing special for a cheap airport hotel but at least they aren't all bad.

Cheers

A Formerly African Nomad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.