Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Wyndam really want bmi Diamond Club members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Wyndam really want bmi Diamond Club members?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Question Does Wyndam really want bmi Diamond Club members?

Many of us never stayed at Wyndam properies before the 4 stay 20,000 BMI mile promotion. I was happy enough with my expereince to book a Howard Johnson property on JFK and one in Old San Juan; that were not part of the promotion (I had max 4 stays done). So I was thinking of staying more with various Wyndam properties; however I am NOT happy about the time taken to transfer my miles to BMI. If Wyndam went to all the trouble of having this new promotion, with it's new partnership with BMI; they why anger all the new potential customers.

It's sad, most of us, had no opinion of Wyndam, one way or another. The are in danger of missing a golden chance at new business.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
If Wyndham doesn't step up to the plate, I'd hope that BMI steps up to the plate given how BMI was peddling this deal to BMI customers. Of course, BMI also has a financial interest in seeing Wyndham step up to the plate and pay it for the miles earned from the BMI-Wyndham tie-up promotion (that was even extended).
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
bmi credits all of it hotel partner miles on specific days each month. What gets credited is whatever is received from WR as a file. What WR receives is dependent on what is loaded on their system by the hotels. Now here the bit you're not getting...

In the US, the hotel systems automatically load the stays to WR. In Europe - where the vast majority of bmi members both reside and make their stay - the hotels are not 'connected' to WR.

WR is not passing any files to bmi just yet, because they are neck deep in complaints and retro credits from all the customers who stayed in cheap properties - and those properties are trying to play the 'ineligible rate' card. Except the WR rules are kinda clear about what's excluded.

WR will pass a file to bmi when it is ready and not before.

I think WR is perfectly serious about courting bmi customers - let's face it, all those 5k bonuses can't have been cheap. What they didn't figure was that their franchisees were such a bunch of tight fisted pillocks - let's face it, in the ordinary course of events, they don't see to many WR members in Europe every day, so the cost of servicing the old level of business was marginal - suddenly it grew exponentially, while their RevPAR has been anything but that.

If they pass the file to bmi, they'll have to pay for those miles - but the franchisees are not agreeing to pay WR.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Apr 9, 2010 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:58 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
bmi credits all of it hotel partner miles on specific days each month. What gets credited is whatever is received from WR as a file. What WR receives is dependent on what is loaded on their system by the hotels. Now here the bit you're not getting...
I am glad that you pointed this out.

I was wondering if the OP had ever chosen his/her hotel stay credit to his/her
Diamond club account. It is all about timing.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 5:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Why can't Wyndham send a batch file over to an airline partner for what it has on file already (with the 500+5000 miles showing) and then later send over another batch file with data for "missing stays" later. Isn't that what Wyndham does already with other airline partners?

Some franchisees not wanting to pay the franchisor for (some/most/all) costs of a promotion (such as promotion-related miles) cannot be a new thing. But can all franchisees and Wyndham-owned properties be refusing to cover costs as due under the hotel sales/marketing and/or management contracts?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why can't Wyndham send a batch file over to an airline partner for what it has on file already (with the 500+5000 miles showing) and then later send over another batch file with data for "missing stays" later. Isn't that what Wyndham does already with other airline partners?
They can send a batch file over. They are just choosing not to.

But can all franchisees and Wyndham-owned properties be refusing to cover costs as due under the hotel sales/marketing and/or management contracts?
Plenty have credited miles already, however a number (in Europe at least) are trying to argue that their best available rates (labelled and sold as such via the WR site) are not eligible. This includes some properties that have happily credited some FTers for stays booked on the same rate as other FTers who they are arguing with and saying the rate is ineligible.

I'd probably laugh if I wasn't waiting on over 50,000 bmi miles for our family account from our various eligible stays. Instead it is just an on-going frustration.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 5:08 pm
formerly known as CARTflagman

Originally Posted by GoldCircle

In the US, the hotel systems automatically load the stays to WR. In Europe - where the vast majority of bmi members both reside and make their stay - the hotels are not 'connected' to WR.

WR is not passing any files to bmi just yet, because they are neck deep in complaints and retro credits from all the customers who stayed in cheap properties - and those properties are trying to play the 'ineligible rate' card. Except the WR rules are kinda clear about what's excluded.

WR will pass a file to bmi when it is ready and not before.

I think WR is perfectly serious about courting bmi customers - let's face it, all those 5k bonuses can't have been cheap. What they didn't figure was that their franchisees were such a bunch of tight fisted pillocks - let's face it, in the ordinary course of events, they don't see to many WR members in Europe every day, so the cost of servicing the old level of business was marginal - suddenly it grew exponentially, while their RevPAR has been anything but that.

If they pass the file to bmi, they'll have to pay for those miles - but the franchisees are not agreeing to pay WR.
You are stating a lot as fact when you're really not working for Wyndham, so how would you know?

I just got off the phone with Wyndham. They said they transfered the file to BMI on March 8th for the regular 500 or 1000 miles postings for WR stays. So why then is BMI sitting on the miles?

With that said, BMI is holding up the process. Regular miles have not posted; I'm not talking about the 5,000 bonus miles. BMI is still as slow as they've ever been, so let's focus on the real problem. It was mentioned in another thread that someone spoke to WR marketing, who told them that the BONUS miles were being held for release until sometime in April.

All I know is that I don't care who's to blame. Both promoted it, both will now suffer loss of revenue because of it. They had a chance to make us happy and they blew it. WR should have insured BMI would post the miles in a reasonable amount of time, while BMI needs to insure that WR sends them a file on a regular basis.

That's it.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Definitely past 6-8 weeks from some stays, and as per T&C:
Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of the qualifying stays for the destinations miles to be credited to their Diamond Club accounts
Who do I chase? WR or DC?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by CART_Flagman
You are stating a lot as fact when you're really not working for Wyndham, so how would you know?
Is that a fact or a supposition?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by CART_Flagman

I just got off the phone with Wyndham. They said they transfered the file to BMI on March 8th for the regular 500 or 1000 miles postings for WR stays. So why then is BMI sitting on the miles?
And that flies in the face of what WR corporate office (not CS) sent me in an email which stated very clearly that they hadn't sent ANY miles (standard or bonus) over to bmi Diamond Club as of the start of April, but were planning to do so at some time in April.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:58 am

And this has now happened. Diamond Club should be posting these miles soon enough.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I believe it when I see it !
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I had only 1 stay (mattress run in my hometown in Feb.) under this promo. I haven't gotten the BMI miles, but Wyndham acknowleged within a few days that I had earned them. I've been too busy to call anyone, hoping that they would show up by the end of April, which is 20 hours British time or 25 hours US--EDT from now!
Old May 24, 2010, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
It's May---Where are My Points????

I am so unhappy how slow this has been, I am beyond words!!!!
Old May 24, 2010, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I am so unhappy how slow this has been, I am beyond words!!!!
On the bmi forum, some members have received some bonus points, but many have had only partial credits or none at all.

Plenty of members (including members of my family) are still fighting to get credits to their WR accounts months later, despite staying on qualifying rates that have already credited for others on an identical like for like basis.

It appears this is pretty much par for the course though sadly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.