Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Sales - what's on your agenda>

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2023, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)

I've started shopping for the holidays and noticed that BF travel sales are hitting my 'gram. Lo and Sons has a great sale going - what should I get for gifts for my traveller daughter and DIL?
Old Nov 22, 2023, 2:37 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Maybe a Lo and Sons Pearl crossbody bag? I got a silver one in their Saffiano leather 3 years ago. Pre-baby it seemed to be what I needed. However, there has been significant discoloration along the zipper where it was glued for sewing. If I could go back in time, I would get it in a dark or brighter colour to avoid this. In my 20s, I always had a slim clutch type bag to hold essentials for a more dressy dinner out that gradually morphed into an envelope style clutch that would double as my travel document holder during travel days. The Pearl seems to satisfy as a large clutch/envelope. I used to be a travel tote person in my 20s so maybe also look at the OMG?

I'm more of tote-pack/backpack type of person now but the exterior of their backpacks look too Target to me. In my corporate days, I had a few Tumi Voyageur series bags..
Old Nov 22, 2023, 3:34 pm

I'm hoping to find a cashmere cardigan or two for myself, for layering while traveling. I took advantage of Baggallini's early BF sale to pick up a new tote already. Will I cave and buy another? Hmm.... Those Lo and Sons prices are pretty good.

Gift-wise, I usually buy books for my niblings. My local indie bookstore has a holiday party in early December, so I'll buy those then.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
No gifts - we haven't done those in forever. I am forcing myself to make a choice and buy a travel backpack this weekend (at least a couple I'm still considering have discounts now). Maybe an Eileen fisher sweater or new slim crepe pants (my last pair was from thredup and they must have been dead stock or unused - great condition except the elastic waist completely degraded and cracked upon wear). I also bought new porch sconces on sale and a few household things. :-)
freecia and QT31415 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.