Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velcro rollers - help!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2005, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Velcro rollers - help!

Does anyone know how to use these velcro rollers? I bought some because I thought they'd be a great no-electricity travel alternative to hot rollers, but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to use them! My hair holds a curl pretty well (if I use hot rollers, it lasts all day), but when I use the velcro rollers, it comes out straight, or slightly curled which disappears in five minutes. I've tried doing it damp and dry, no success. Any tips?
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Let's see if I can remember by mom's (retired hairdresser) instructions. My disclaimer is that although I have internalized her hair suggestions, I am too lazy to follow them most of the time!

For a longer hold, spritz hair with some styling spray first. You can either use the rollers with wet or dry hair.

For wet hair, spritz with styling spray and roll hair up in 1 inch sections. Make sure to tuck your ends in or you'll get those strange "ski-jumps" at the ends. Once your hair is rolled, you can wait for hair to dry or sleep on them if you can stand the feeling of the rollers pressing into your head. You can also speed up the process by using your blow dryer or bonnet style attachment. Be careful not to use too high a heat especially if you have the cheapo velcro rollers.

For dry hair, spritz with styling spray, and blow dry. Roll hair up using instruction above. Give the rolled hair another blast with the blowdryer. You can also do an ending cool blast of air to set. Let stay in your hair for 10-15 minutes or however long it takes for your hair to cool.

Good luck!!

TF
Old Nov 6, 2005, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF Silver, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors
I used to put them in before getting into the shower. The steam would help set the curl. Another tip for more curls is to use a smaller size.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
try to use them with damp (not wet hair) otherwise it will take forever to dry. Try using bobby pins to keep them in...I have thick long hair and if I don't secure them they come flying out!
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:03 pm
wma

Programs: AA, HH, Marriott Titanium Elite
I use them when my hair is completely dry and they curl. How long is your hair? Maybe you are using ones that are too big? The bigger the rollers the straighter the hair. Or maybe you're putting in too much hair. My hair is straight with a wave and I just got a cut that works well with curls, so my hairdresser suggested I use Aveda "Be Curly" in my hair, which helps add curl.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I used to use them on damp hair with spray gel - spritz spray gel on the ends and then roll up - blow dry to set and then let sit for another 15 minutes or so after unrolling before brushing out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.