Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Five Quarters of An Orange

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2002, 1:50 pm

One thing that struck me is the nature vs. nurter aspect of personality. Boise had her personality traits reinforced by her mother. But, she also reveled in her own sense of self.
Old Sep 26, 2002, 4:29 pm

(Sorry about the late addition to this discussion. I've been battling my dissertation.)

Framboise's mother loved all fruit except oranges. Why would Framboise exploit this weakness?

Old Sep 26, 2002, 8:50 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Glad to see this back. Kind of off-topic, but I'm now reading one of the other books in this trilogy. It's "Blackberry Wine" and while I'm only halfway through it's very enjoyable. So far it's much lighter than "Five Quarters of an Orange" and has elements of fantasy. I found it cheap at Costco.

Library Dragon wrote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Why would Framboise exploit this weakness?</font>
My take on it was she really didn't like her mother. This woman had shown little or know concern for her. Exploiting her orange weakness was a way to keep her mother out of the way and give Boise and her sister some peace and freedom.
Old Sep 27, 2002, 7:25 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to pick it up on my next trip there.

I'm reading a book on the library in Alexandria right now. Makes a nice break from my research.

Now the book....This was such a love hate relationship between the Boise and her mother. It was astounding. The part about her menstration coming so early did help. I had kept thinking it was more like an adolescent-parent relationship. Both mother and daughter had so much going on physically that it effected everything else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.