Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite hair stylists throughout the world? A list

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:17 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist

Since beginning nonstop travel about 1.5 years ago, I return to my stylist in the Bay Area for my cut and color. Sometimes I need to be in the chair more often though. I would love to know stylists throughout the world who are recommended by the women of Flyertalk.

If you have someone you recommend would you be willing to share their name, contact info and what they specialize in?

I’m particularly going to be looking for someone in Barcelona or Valencia coming up, but anywhere would be great.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by l etoile
If you have someone you recommend would you be willing to share their name, contact info and what they specialize in?
I think it's worth considering what you want from a stylist. Do you like to change things up and would trust a new-to-you stylist to make a larger change? Are you able to communicate in that language about what you're looking for? Would your Bay Area stylist be able to continue their current styles on your hair if another stylist did something to it which they wouldn't have opted for?

Do you have hair which is easier for different regions to work with? If not, perhaps it is worth asking your current stylist for something a bit easier to maintain and touch up yourself. Otherwise you could ask for cut and color + instructions optimized for other pros to be able to reproduce.

Styles are also regional. There are years when I look at trending styles in parts of Japan, Korea, and China and they're not the same trends, either. Some product/procedures are different, too. South Korea has a variety of perms, Japan has straightening options. Both could be developed for a certain kind of hair in mind.

Last edited by freecia; Jul 4, 2023 at 2:34 am
Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:53 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I see I was not clear. My thought was to create a resource list of trusted stylists that people could look to if they need a trim, color or other service while traveling and in between their regular visits. Specialty was requested so one could know if the person might be suitable for their needs.So it would be a list something like:

Xx yy at W Salon in Berlin. Does a great job trimming my fine hair. Speaks English, German and Spanish

Perhaps it’s too esoteric. I’m not sure how many people see a stylist while traveling.

Last edited by l etoile; Jul 4, 2023 at 8:22 am
Old Jul 9, 2023, 3:28 pm

And at the complete opposite of the spectrum..... I got a nice trim in Ecuador. Cost me 50 cents. My usual "hairdresser" is my husband. Using a pair of any scissors we find in the drawer at the AirBnB we happen to be staying at. Full-time nomads, a one length, put back in a pony, wash and go style has gotten me out of the door in 15 minutes or less. I know I should are more, but.......
CDTraveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.