Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Traveling with Vitamin C Serum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2023, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador

I love my Vitamin C Serum (Skinceeuticals C E Ferulic). However, as I started using it fairly recently, I have yet to travel with it. Should I bite the bullet, put the serum in my toiletry kit, and take it with me? Should I see if they sell a travel-sized version prior to my trip? If there is none, is there a travel sized vitamin C serum you recommend? Do you skip vitamin C serum during your travels? Truth be told ,this is a step I usually leave at home, but as I get older, I would prefer to find a way to take it with me.

Is there a travel-friendly sized vitamin C serum out there? Help me, Women of FlyerTalk. You're my only hope.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I'm not using a vitamin c serum at the moment but I have. For travel with thin liquids when you don't need very much, can you use a contact lens case? Opaque to protect the serum, should hold enough for a week? But also check dermastore and see if they have travel options? Or your derm for samples??
ysolde likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by ysolde
Is there a travel-friendly sized vitamin C serum out there?
Amazon has dozens of vitamin C serums in various sizes, altho I can't speak to the quality.

Maybe buy a small, opaque bottle of saline eye drops, pour out the eye drops and use the bottle?
ysolde likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 9:53 am

Missha

I was introduced to the Missha brand when I first visited Seoul about 15 years ago. I used to fly back to Seoul every two years to replenish my supply, but Missha is now available online in the U.S.

My favorite Missha product is the sunscreen. I have recently started using its Vitamin C Ampoule/Serum and am glad that it does not create piling when I put on other products on top of it. I have the Vitamin C stick and toning cream, also. I will start using them soon and will report back.

https://misshaus.com/pages/vita-c

Last edited by bamboola; Jul 2, 2023 at 7:04 pm
Old Jul 2, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
For travel, I swap liquids for creams if possible

I’m a fan of Paula’s Choice (brand.)
https://www.paulaschoice.com/shop-ingredient/vitamin-c

While I’ve got the larger Vit C serum (C15) ina dropper bottle at home, I use the cream formulation (C25) for travel. I got a sample tube free, though, so it was an easy swap to make. I have very reactive skin, so generous samples is part of what’s made me love this brand.

I don’t wear makeup often, though, so can’t comment if one Vitamin C behaves differently than the other under other products like that.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 10:15 pm

I've read/heard C E Ferulic is one of the gold standards of the Vitamin C world in how effective it is but it oxidizes easily. Oxidized Vitamin C is also a form of self tanner... Plus it is expensive. They do sell a travel sized amber glass eyedropper bottle.

I've traveled with skin and essential oils in my 311. They do better when pressurized in a fully sealed container like a smaller plastic saline dropper + cap with nipple to seal it off or sealed essential oil (twist on cap with liner like polyseal https://www.sks-bottle.com/Cap-Liner.html). Rohto's Melano CC Spot Treatment (not marketed as an all over serum) from Japan has a pretty good sealing mechanism and sun blocking tube, plus the price point is lower but lacks the Vitamin E. Still might be enough while you're traveling, though.

This reddit thread has some other close enough dupes which includes Paula's Choice https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...upes_only_two/
Old Jul 5, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
In Croatia now with my costco vitamin C, it’s a teeny bottle and travels well without leaking.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 1:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
Vitamin C serum is one thing I always take on a trip as I can visually notice the benefit, even more so when jet lagged or stressed from travel. With Skinceuticals, I just took the entire bottle. At 1 oz., it's small enough and I never had a problem with leaking. I've decanted things into eye dropper bottles before and I can just imagine the mess/waste I'd cause getting the most precious CE Ferulic from bottle A to B. Oy.

Occasionally my thrifty side takes over, so I've been using Timeless Skin Care's Vitamin C + E Ferulic. It used to come in a dropper like Skinceuticals, now is in a more robust pump. It seems to be as good as the Skinceuticals for me, at a fraction of the price. I've tried a lot of alternatives to Skinceuticals and this is the only one I've repurchased. There's a 50% off sale at least every other month, so I use it with abandon (to the tits, as Caroline Hirons would say).
freecia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.