Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Many climates, one carry on...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Many climates, one carry on...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
David Lebovitz just posted in his newsletter about their trip to San Sebastian - was a great read, made me quite hungry :-) https://davidlebovitz.substack.com/p...astiandonostia
Old Mar 22, 2023, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
David Lebovitz just posted in his newsletter about their trip to San Sebastian - was a great read, made me quite hungry :-) https://davidlebovitz.substack.com/p...astiandonostia
Thanks for that link! That's a great starting point from a person whose food choices I respect Also the info on the train from Paris was perfect - I was having issues finding the right flight connections, but with a nonstop flight from SEA-CDG it should be "easy"!

And off the topic, has anyone tried those Charix loafers? I keep getting targeted ads and they look comfortable and versatile....
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
Love It

I loved San Sebastian, except maybe all the young drunken visitors...
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:36 pm

I *love* a trebuchet! Signed up for Warwick castle newsletters ;-) Thank you. Though someone in the UK forum (where I did ask this question) mocked Coventry - sorry about that ;-)
Were you able to see the trebuchet in action?

FT quirk for the day: couldn't remember what thread held the discussion of the trebuchet, so I used the search feature, figuring "trebuchet" was not a word likely to appear too often on FT. I was stunned when 11+ pages of threads containing the word "trebuchet" came up!
QT31415 and Hoyaheel like this.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Oct 4, 2023 at 10:26 pm
Old Oct 4, 2023, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Alas, we did not make it to Warwick. But everything we did manage to do was amazing! My husband hurt his back right before we left, so we didn't walk as much as we wanted (I am obsessed with footpaths!) Mostly decent weather - some rain, but not too much. And my best friend for 5 nights as part of the trip - couldn't ask for more!

But the trebuchet stays on the list for future options ;-)
CDTraveler likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 7:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Alas, we did not make it to Warwick. But everything we did manage to do was amazing! My husband hurt his back right before we left, so we didn't walk as much as we wanted (I am obsessed with footpaths!) Mostly decent weather - some rain, but not too much. And my best friend for 5 nights as part of the trip - couldn't ask for more!

But the trebuchet stays on the list for future options ;-)
Warwick Castle is amazing. Make it a must-see next time for sure. Ditto for York if time permits.
CDTraveler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.