Wiki Posts
Search

Best Leggings

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus and a bunch of hotel programs
Best Leggings

I'll be traveling a few times this fall and winter where I'm likely to need to wear a pair of thin leggings under my usual skirt. (I'd prefer leggings and socks over a pair of tights.) Last time I did this, I tried a pair of CuddlDuds, but wasn't happy with them -- they seemed to stretch out and become baggy quickly.

Being from Houston, I don't often have to worry about cold weather gear, so I come to you for advice. Who makes your favorite leggings for wear under skirts/pants?

Thanks so much!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:52 am

Wolford brand.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:38 pm

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
I like Hue ( brand) cotton leggings and have purchased them at Nordstrom and at Macy’s. They layer nicely under skirts.

Hue also makes a footless tight that might work for you, too.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I don't normally wear leggings but I did pick up a pair of fleece lined footless tights at Nordstrom Rack a couple years ago - they are great with a dress/skirt & knee high boots because I can wear regular socks - tights are typically too thin with the boots. I now pack those for winter/cold weather travel. Otherwise, I like a merino layer (smartwool) or light silk. I have lots of different cuddl duds for lounging - fleece, micro, no cotton though.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:32 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by titaniumfemme
I'll be traveling a few times this fall and winter where I'm likely to need to wear a pair of thin leggings under my usual skirt. (I'd prefer leggings and socks over a pair of tights.) Last time I did this, I tried a pair of CuddlDuds, but wasn't happy with them -- they seemed to stretch out and become baggy quickly.

Being from Houston, I don't often have to worry about cold weather gear, so I come to you for advice. Who makes your favorite leggings for wear under skirts/pants?

Thanks so much!
The ONLY leggings which have really worked for me are, unfortunately, La Perla (they are expensive). They fit well, don't stretch and are a good weight.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by east_of_the_sun
I like Hue ( brand) cotton leggings and have purchased them at Nordstrom and at Macy’s. They layer nicely under skirts.

Hue also makes a footless tight that might work for you, too.
Hue on sale today at Haute Look ^
https://www.hautelook.com/events/126...90-_-women_1_1
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:17 pm

I'm partial to my merino wool leggings from Icebreaker and Smartwool.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 5:28 am

Programs: qantas club
Another one who prefers merino in the cold. I got a great pair of navy marle longjohns from Aldi that were nicely finished and looked good under a skirt, too.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
In case you are big-boned (or big-butted...?), try the leggings at Lane Bryant. Excellent and available in different lengths, too.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:10 am

ExOfficio Stretch-N-Go legging

If you wear long/ankle length skirts, I've found the "ExOfficio Stretch-N-Go Long Bottom - Women's" (leggings) made out of a similar material to their giveNgo underwear to be really good for travel. They are lightweight and air dry quickly.
Look a bit like thermal underwear with the thin cross-hatch material and I find them a little baggy on the ankle (I just put my socks over to hide this).

I'd suggest going a size or two down if you want more of a a legging/tight-like fit. I find them less warm than the exercise-style lycra or cotton/elastane type legging, but perfer the ExOfficio ones for varying temperatures and they also pack much smaller and lighter.

I got mine from REI Outlet. https://www.rei.com/product/897191/e...-bottom-womens
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: United, AAdvantage
Paradox Merino Wool leggings are very comfortable and warm, but look a little too casual to wear under a dressy skirt. Danskin sports leggings (Walmart) also work pretty well, actually sports leggings work best at maintaining shape.

As someone also from Texas who moved to Colorado, I found that fleece-lined tights or a wool-blend are going to keep warmest. I haven't tried Smartwool leggings, but they are great for cold-weather socks. Also, Sierra Trading Post online is great for finding cold weather gear.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by bj430
Also, Sierra Trading Post online is great for finding cold weather gear.
I do SO MUCH of my shopping there, it's sad Used to just be outdoors stuff but they have really nice & cute stuff for work, great shoes etc. Most of my current luggage is from there as well. And the Smartwool base layers I have are!

STP used to have great 40% coupons on their facebook page but they stopped that about a year or so ago. Haven't seen anything better than 25-30% this past year, but they've had free shipping or free shipping with a lower minimum than the past more often....
Old Jul 17, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: qantas club
Isobar merino leggings - very thin, completely opaque, lovely and warm and best of all, Capture merino, same positives,have quite deep pockets! Great with a dress, crotch length(+) tunic or skirt.
https://www.ezibuy.com/shop/au/isoba...gging/p/149490
https://www.ezibuy.com/shop/au/captu...-pant/p/149592

Last edited by OzBarb; Jul 17, 2016 at 8:42 pm
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
LuLaRoe... buttery soft and reasonably priced for the quality.

I blame mashav for introducing me.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA
I concur with techgirl regarding LuLaRoe leggings, can't beat the price for all of the color/print options and comfort. Only problem is finding a consultant to buy some LLR but you most likely have a friend who sells it or knows someone who sells it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.