Wiki Posts
Search

Exfoliants for dry feet

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Exfoliants for dry feet

The hubby has really dry feet and is snagging my expensive high thread count sheets. I've picked up a couple of exfoliants and lotions to have him try but none are terribly helpful. Has anyone found a good exfoliant and/or lotion that helps with dry feet?
Old May 18, 2011, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hubby probably needs more than just lotion. DrScholl makes some exfliating bars/brushes/rough thingies w/ a handle. I am so blanking on the name but have one in my shower. I need to run to the store later; will take a look at what they're called.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:22 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'd guess hubby needs more than lotions and exfoliants too.

As silly as he might feel, I love my PedEgg. It was a bit of an adjustment, and I can never actually keep all of the skin particles in the little egg, but it works really well for me.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:42 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Consider buying one of the moisturizers advertised for cracked heels and having him put it on, then socks, before sleeping. He'll notice a huge improvement in his feet after about a week. Look for one containing urea.
Old May 18, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
I would recommend Amlactin which really helps to smooth and moisturize the skin. It contains 12% lactic acid which may dry initially, but it does work!

The other thing I would recommend is aloe before bed and a foot file / ped egg.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
The Diamancel #11 foot buffer is amazing! I love the AmLactin lotion as well. But they also have AmLactin Foot Cream and it is fantastic.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:49 pm

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'till morning
Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by BaliParis
The Diamancel #11 foot buffer is amazing! I love the AmLactin lotion as well. But they also have AmLactin Foot Cream and it is fantastic.

My son's dermatologist recommended AmLactin to treat his very dry hands. It worked and we've become fans.
Old May 18, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Pumice stone and/or foot file is what I was thinking of earlier. Also 2nd the recommendation of the lotion for cracked skin/socks, in addition to foot file.

Cheers.
Old May 18, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I'd go for a professional pedicure, then continue with the at home treatments of a pumice stone, good lotion, and socks for bed. I've tried about everything for cracked heels & still need to get a pro pedicure every so often to help the situation^ (ok, maybe I want the pedicure - but I still think it's better than what I do at home)
Old May 18, 2011, 4:05 pm

Cutemol is a fantastic cream for severely dry feet or hands. Your pharmacist will, most likely, have to order it because it is a small company that manufactures it.

Bobette
Old May 18, 2011, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Try this

http://www.drugstore.com:80/denco-ea...rch=Denco+foot

Along with amlactin mentioned above.

His feet will be as soft as a baby's behind.

I've posted about that foot file a few times and for a few years, and all I ever hear back are raves about it. I love it so much I keep a spare around, plus one in my travel bag.
Old May 19, 2011, 6:58 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Is the Denco better than the Diamancel? It's half the cost....I've been thinking about the diamancel for a while since it was recommended on another board I read - I currently use a pumice stone and a cheapie file.....I know I want a fine grit....
Old May 19, 2011, 7:34 pm

I don't know, I've never heard of the Diamoncel. My manicurist used the denco on me and a ton of dead skin came off. I bought one from her and then found it online for a bit less. It was worth every penny.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Is the Denco better than the Diamancel? It's half the cost....I've been thinking about the diamancel for a while since it was recommended on another board I read - I currently use a pumice stone and a cheapie file.....I know I want a fine grit....
Personally, no, I don't think it is. I bought the Denco Foot Smoother when Mary2e first raved about it and it worked decently. Plus at the time, CVS had the Denco 50% off. However, I have since discovered the Diamancel #11 and for me, this is a superior product. I love the design, easier to use and it works great on heels and balls of the feet too. I was a bit hesitant at first but in the end, well worth it. I've had it for over a year now.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:39 pm

Now I'm intrigued.

I may have to spring for one. If I like it better, I'll keep the Denco for my travel bag.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.