Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is Wings?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2002, 6:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AccorHotels finished, Honors Plat, MeliaRewards Gold, SPG dead, AF Frequence+ forever
What is Wings?

Does Wings have any existence?

Originally, it was an idea from Gordon Bethune of a CO/NW/KL/AZ alliance...
What is it now?
I assume that when people mention "Wings", they actually mean KL/NW ???
Old Feb 14, 2002, 8:55 am

Actually the only thing that is called Wings is Braathens FF program. I wonder what will happen to the name Wings now when Braathens will leave KL and start to co operate with SK instead.
Old Mar 20, 2002, 7:27 am

Actually the name Wings is according to my opinion originally of KLM/NW…

In may 1989 Northwest was threatened by some hostile take-overs. This was dangerous for the collaboration between KLM and NW, because NW would have been split-up in several divisions.
An other party of 2 former presidents of Mariott, A. Checci and G. Wilson, wanted to keep NWA together. Together with KLM and others, they formed a holding: Wings Holding Inc. This holding bought several shares of NWA Inc.
With Wings KLM owned 20% of the shares of NW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.