New Member?

Old Dec 17, 1999, 7:01 am
Original Poster

New Member?

Spain's Air Europa set to joins KLM-led Wings

MADRID, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Air Europa is joining the KLM-led Wings alliance on Friday, a spokesman for Spain's second biggest airline told Reuters.

"They are going to sign today," said Air Europa communications manager Graciano Palomo.

He said further details would be released later on Friday.

Privately-owned Air Europa, part of the Globalia travel group, has 52 aircraft including 10 operated by its regional subsidiary Air Europa Express.
Old Dec 20, 1999, 10:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Air Europa and TWA were set to hook-up at one point. They had announced an agreement that never got off the ground. Looks like Wings will be the better choice for Air Europa, as TWA is ending service to Spain.
Old Dec 22, 1999, 7:42 am

Hmmm...not exactly a fancy airline to be partnering with. Still, the only airline with non-stop service from NY to southern Spain. And a friend of mine flies them frequently because of great business class deals to Spain. So I'll keep an open mind.

Maybe I'll make that spring vacation to the Canaries after all!
Old Sep 22, 2000, 10:52 am
Suspended

Almost a year down the line and AirEuropa still isn't a member of Wings. Are talks still happening or has this idea been abandoned?
Old Sep 22, 2000, 11:30 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wings? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Sep 23, 2000, 8:21 am

Air Europa? Never heard of them http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif What routes do they have? I thought it was only JK(spanair) and IB(Iberia) in Spain. Speaking of JK, isnt it time that they join a alliance in the near future?
Old Sep 28, 2000, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Premier Exec, NW Gold, SPG Plat
Air Europa is a small carrier based out of Spain. It went through a brand consolidation not long back. If I'm not mistaken, Air Europa has several division all sharing the same name based in different European countries?

Now that the BA-KL talk broke down, perhaps Wings will rise like a phoenix?
Old Oct 23, 2000, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Information source: http://www.air-europa.com/en/acuerdo_alitalia_ing.html

On 6th September 2000 next, Air Europa Líneas Aéreas, S.A.U. and Alitalia Linee Aeree Italiane S.P.A. will start operating a shared code on some routes in Spain.

The agreement will allow Alitalia to include their code on flights to and from Alicante, Bilbao, Ibiza, La Coruña, Las Palmas, Málaga, Minorca, Palma de Mallorca, Santiago de Compostela, Tenerife, Jerez de la Frontera and Valladolid, all operated by Air Europa and which will connect with Alitalia flights between Milan Malpensa and Rome Fiumicinio and Madrid and Barcelona.

This new shared code agreement will ensure the coordination of all airport operations, including the issue of boarding cards at the start of check-in, as well as the check-in of luggage until arrival. This cooperation also covers the areas of Sales and Marketing, Interline and Distribution Systems. The agreement intends that holders of loyalty programmes offered by both companies (in September Air Europa will be launching their programme for regular passengers under the name of "Fidelitas", while Alitalia’s is the "MilleMiglia Club") accumulate advantages irrespective of whether they fly with Air Europa or Alitalia.

Air Europa is a private Spanish company, with a fleet of 50 aircraft, operating as a scheduled and charter airline in Spain and between the Iberian mainland and the rest of Europe, North America and the Caribbean.

Mario Rosso, the Executive Vice-President of Alitalia’s Alliances and Business Development Department has said: "We have pleasure in announcing the commencement of this new agreement, which gives our clients extra facilities for travelling to and from Spain".

Alitalia is the leading airline in Italy and one of the most important in Europe, operating with a fleet of 159 aircraft to 107 destinations in 63 countries.

Juan Sáez, Director General of Air Europa explains that this new alliance with Alitalia will strengthen Air Europa’s position in the Mediterranean market and will permit us to extend our objectives.

During the coming months Alitalia and Air Europa will study the courses of action for future joint expansions, working together to provide more homogenous and integrated products and services in the market.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.