Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security Identification

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Security Identification

I had a question about my trip later on this month from YYZ-YHZ and back. The agent booking my trip didn't put my middle name (as it appears on my driver's license) into the e-ticket, and is convinced it isn't necessary.

I was curious as to how particular security at YYZ was about the name on the booking (esp the middle name) matching that on the ID.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:21 pm

Nothing to worry about. I have my middle name on my driver's license. I never use it on my tickets. I have never been asked about it.

BTW, the airline checks ID, not security.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 1:03 pm

For transborder flights, the US is moving to requiring full names on tickets exactly as they appear on the passport. Problem is, some airlines don't even have fields for anything but first/last name.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 4:42 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Just run your middle name or if it is just an intial with your first name eg RobertCarl Smith or RobertC Smith.
For the USA it must be identical to the identificaton your are using, this will not be enforced as of yet. Also coming in August on boarding passes for the USA, DOB and Sex. Apparently some countries are balking at the "Sex" as invasion of privacy.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:16 pm

Air travel as become an easy target for invasive data collection by the USA and to a slightly lesser extent Canada.

My name on a Sabre generated air booking reads FirstMiddle Last as a way of forcing the middle name into the field.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 4:43 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
[QUOTE=robsaw;11898035]Air travel as become an easy target for invasive data collection by the USA and to a slightly lesser extent Canada.

Data is shared cross border by Canadian authorities for a few years so even if US agencies don't actively collect CDN data they have free access anyway. Any infractions from speeding to DUI they already know...privacy is on the endangered list these days....starting with loyalty programs, internet surfing, etc, where we offer our data w/o hesitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.