Community
Wiki Posts
Search

employment at westjet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Hypnotize
Since when do "Ramp Agents" work in OCC? That's false.

Ramp agents, as you said, refer to TAC (Turn Around Crew).
The confusion comes in the title name, I think. If I understand correctly, Gord was trying to say that at Fed Ex, the people that handle the weight and balance paperwork, etc are called Ramp Agents. We do not call those people Ramp Agents at Westjet. Am I mistaken in saying that those people dealing with weight and balance, etc at OCC are called Dispatchers?
Old Sep 27, 2008, 6:37 pm

Our Load Plan agents deal with W&B; Dispatchers are responsible for Flight Plans; Ops Coordinators are responsible for tail swaps, delays, diversions, etc.; Maintenance Control is for mechanical issues; and Crew Sked deals with crew planning.

TAC is our name for ground handlers.
Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:16 am

West Jet Super sales agent

Could anyone tell me about the training for a super sales agent? Length, etc?

thank you!
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:59 pm

There actually is a training class starting on November 3rd. I was suposed to be in the September class but is was cancelled. I know of at least 2 other people who got the job and they will be contacted when the next available training opens.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:48 am
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:44 pm

I have been in industry for 19 years..anyone know how an american who wants to move to Canada can get a job at WestJet?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:15 pm

Hi there,

I am considering a CSA position with WJ, can someone describe an interview process?
Old Jan 8, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG, Fairmont
westjet jobs

I too like many others have heard about the great culture and work environment at Westjet. I see a fair number of white collar jobs in YYC where their HO is, but not so much in YEG where I live and wonder if the only way to get your foot in door is to apply for the CSA or Ambassador positions that are frequently advertised ? I have been in the workforce for a number of years and just not in a position financially to take an entry level job, willing to sacrifice a bit but there is a limit

thx

G
Old Jan 8, 2009, 12:41 pm

Programs: WestJet
I joined the company straight into my current position, without having to go through the entry level positions first.

From what I've seen though, I am a rare case! Also, I had to move from YWG to YYC for the job, since 99% of corporate jobs are here in Calgary.

But to give you some hope... I don't often see jobs that are posted internally only. So external candidates have the same opportunities.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 7:58 pm

WJA mobility

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me if there are opportunities to move up in the company from CS or FA positions into the 45K gross salary range. I know it's probably not possible to make this kind of money at first - but is it possible after some time? If so, any idea how long?

Thanks for your help!

Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:27 am

Resume Question for Employment at Westjet

Hi Everyone! I am applying for a CSA position. Can anyone help me out with this question? Does Westjet want your references listed on your resume or can you just list "References available upon request" on the resume?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 8:36 am

Smile listing references on resume

Yes, WestJet would like you to list your references on your resume. Good luck!
Old Feb 9, 2009, 2:42 pm

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:47 am
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:43 pm

How part time is part time?

Im looking to finally get out of my comfort zone and apply for a job at Westjet but all the jobs posted say they are part time. Ideally I would like to be a flight attendant but understand that position is probably hard to get into being there are only so many of those job available. So I thought of starting in an entry level position but really need a full time pay check. Can anyone narrow down 24-40 hours per week if possible?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 9:30 pm

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.