Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet opens lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2008, 8:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I happened to see the YVR lounge while going between concourse A and B, yesterday (however, I used the MLL there, as I flew from YVR to YOW on AC). I did look at the display (next to the entry door) of its affiliations - obviously, Westjet. Also Air Miles, Royal Bank Mosaic card, and Priority Pass.

I wonder which type of affiliation or airfare gives free access to this lounge (besides the upper level Priority Pass membership).

I spoke to the attendant. He told me that an Air Miles card holder gets a discount (from $25 to $22.50 (excluding GST). I do not know if a Gold Air Miles card holder gets a greater discount.

The displayed affiliations stated that BMO Mosaic card is affiliated with the lounge. However, the attendant told me that this agrement has not yet been finalized.

Has anyone visited both the YVR MLL, and this lounge - can anyone tell me how the 2 of them compare?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 9:31 pm

I was in the Concourse A-B lounge last week before 11:00.
A good selection of food. More than the MLL.
Cereal, muffins, eggs, hashbrowns, vegetables, toast, yogurt, juice, fountain pop, cookies, soup and probably a few more items I'm missing.
Nothing in the way of popular magazines. I do recall a CGA magazine.
Better magazine selection in the MLL. It was a sunday morning. There were a few copies of the Province available. Not the huge pile the MLL has.
I didn't use my computer so I can't comment on wireless. Lots of desktops available. I think there may have been a shower but I can't say for sure.
Great views of 26L/08R.
Hardly anyone in the lounge.
I believe alcohol is user pay.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 7:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
My wife is flying WJ from YYZ to YOW in a few weeks.

How does she the greatest discount? She is not a AMEX Aeroplus Platinum card holder - I am (but I am not flying with her) - she just has a companion Aeroplus Gold AMEX card. She has a B of M Mosaic Gold companion card. I wonder what are mechanisms can she get a discount?
Old Nov 15, 2009, 10:28 am
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Question Okay...

Speaking of YWG...I hope that when the new airport opens there is a lounge (any) on the trans-border side (please Lord, don't make me sit with the Gate anymore)...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 8:36 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by I_Hate_US_Airways
Speaking of YWG...I hope that when the new airport opens there is a lounge (any) on the trans-border side (please Lord, don't make me sit with the Gate anymore)...
I don't see the value in having a transborder lounge in YWG when there aren't that many flights going from there. You've usually got what, Chicago, Denver, and Minneapolis scattered throughout the day...
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:30 am

Wink Come On Jazz...

Originally Posted by jazzsax
I don't see the value in having a transborder lounge in YWG when there aren't that many flights going from there. You've usually got what, Chicago, Denver, and Minneapolis scattered throughout the day...
Show me a LITTLE love! So there's limited # of flights. Please don't make me sit in public area of an airport with the
Gate Lice!
Old Nov 24, 2009, 9:17 am

Programs: Back of the bus
Show me a LITTLE love! So there's limited # of flights. Please don't make me sit in public area of an airport with the
Gate Lice!
I lived in Winnipeg for 28 years. I have no love for people who aren't willing to move.

That said, for domestic, you can always fly AC and use their lounge, or pay for the Palliser lounge.

Transborder, out of luck.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 4:09 pm

Wink LOL (-:

Originally Posted by jazzsax
I lived in Winnipeg for 28 years. I have no love for people who aren't willing to move.

That said, for domestic, you can always fly AC and use their lounge, or pay for the Palliser lounge.

Transborder, out of luck.
Did my "time in purgatory" for 19 years. When people ask me if I miss the snow, I simply stare back at them with a glazed look in my eye. I still have family there, so I am back in YWG land 3x a year (May, August, & CDN Turkey Day).

BTW, if you want to hear about the funniest story ever told re Winnipeg, plz PM me & I'll send it to you. It involved my father & Buddy Hackett talking one day in the sauna at Caesar's Palace. It's a little "colorful" but it will bring tears of laughter to your eyes...
Old Dec 8, 2009, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did my "time in purgatory" for 19 years. When people ask me if I miss the snow, I simply stare back at them with a glazed look in my eye. I still have family there, so I am back in YWG land 3x a year (May, August, & CDN Turkey Day).

BTW, if you want to hear about the funniest story ever told re Winnipeg, plz PM me & I'll send it to you. It involved my father & Buddy Hackett talking one day in the sauna at Caesar's Palace. It's a little "colorful" but it will bring tears of laughter to your eyes...
I know that story......and the people that tell it.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.