Search

New “we can’t spell” sale

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
New “we can’t spell” sale

Ok … this is just embarrassing.

Received this email earlier this morning.

Someone over their in WestJet Marketing doesn’t no the difference between “border” and “boarder”. There too very different words. This kind of stuff makes me loose my mind.

And apparently emails aren’t proofread before someone clicks send?

Really, WestJet? Spelling counts.

Last edited by FlyerJ; Feb 12, 2024 at 9:16 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:32 am

Location: Rarely in one place long. Vancouver, WA when that happens.
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, AA LifePlat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Dmd, gave up on Hilton
It’s odd. Could be a good pun phrased well, as the person boarding the flight would be heading south, so literally it’s south of the “boarder” in that case. So maybe don’t lose or loose your mind over it. Up to you though.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kiowavt
Could be a good pun phrased well
Uh, no. If it was a 'good pun phrased well' it would be (1) recognizable as such and (2) amusing. It's neither.

Did they mean explore south of the "snowboarder"? Well that seems unlikely. Did they mean explore south of the "person who temporarily inhabits a lodging"? Ya, also doubtful. Did they mean, as you suggest, to explore the south side of a person who is boarding an aircraft? Hmmmm....

There's no witty WestJet pun here. This is just a plan old spelling error.

Originally Posted by kiowavt
So maybe don’t lose or loose your mind over it.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 11:05 am

Whoever wrote the ad probably wrote the text for the message I got when I could not check in. Someone doesn’t know what a comma splice is.

We could not complete check-in, please try again later. If the issue persists, you will need to check in at the airport, please do not call.”
Speedbird84 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 11:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Ok … this is just embarrassing.

This kind of stuff makes me loose my mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.