Search

Exit row boarding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2023 | 6:25 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Exit row boarding

Does west jet still offer priority boarding to those in exit rows ?
asking mainly for overhead space issues as we are zone 3 and wont be able to put anything under the seat in front
Old Mar 29, 2023 | 7:18 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
asking mainly for overhead space issues as we are zone 3 and wont be able to put anything under the seat in front
Yes, because on 737, the FAs need to brief the OWE window adjacent passengers. But there is space on the floor underneath the seat in front of you, on the 737.

On 787, the emergency exit rows (26ABC, 26HJK) are manned by FAs so no briefing required, so no priority boarding needed there. But there is no seat in front under which to place carry on. But there is usually lots of space in the overhead bins on the 787.
V1213 and tcook052 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2023 | 9:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
20 Years on Site

Programs: HH Silver
asking mainly for overhead space issues as we are zone 3 and won’t be able to put anything under the seat in front
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Yes, because on 737, the FAs need to brief the OWE window adjacent passengers. But there is space on the floor underneath the seat in front of you, on the 737.
When I can virtually lock in a shorter WS trip well in advance at a cheap Basic rate flying a 737 I will, then closer in pony up for emergency exit row seats for both the extra legroom and advance boarding.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023 | 10:19 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Thanks. I was able to get row 14 exit row on check in today at T-24. BP says group 3 but I assume being the exit row we can board at the beginning.
YYCguy likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2023 | 10:32 pm
15 Years on Site

Thanks. I was able to get row 14 exit row on check in today at T-24. BP says group 3 but I assume being the exit row we can board at the beginning.
Technically, due to the OWEs location, it is Zone 3, but its better to get on as soon as possible so you can be briefed by the FA.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 7:32 am
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Technically, due to the OWEs location, it is Zone 3, but its better to get on as soon as possible so you can be briefed by the FA.
It's been a while since this tweet but isn't the gate announcement made for advance boarding for those requiring extra time and those seated in exit row seating so they board before Zone 1?

Old Mar 30, 2023 | 7:54 am

We often book exit row and I find that they never announce it but we just up during priority boarding and have never been turned away
YYCguy and tcook052 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2023 | 11:14 am
50 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I often take exit row seats on the 738 and find that sometimes they announce early boarding and sometimes they don't. We just go with Zone 1 anyway and they let us on.

BTW, row 14 on the 738 is good. Be aware that in row 13, which is also an exit row, the seats don't recline.
YYCguy and sdophoto like this.
Old May 9, 2023 | 9:29 pm
20 Years on Site

FWIW I flew YEG-YYJ today and had purchased exit row seat well in advance and at the gate it was announced exit row passengers could board with zone 1.

On the aircraft the FA let me know it was just me on the 3-seat port side exit row 11 on -700 so had loads of space.
canolakid and Fisch like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.