Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WS275 didn't fly over the U.S. last night...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2022, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

I noticed my flight from Halifax took a bit longer than usual last night. Turns out the plane stayed in Canadian airspace the entire time rather than flying over the U.S. as it usually does. Any ideas why this might have been?

I noticed that the delayed WS250 coming to YHZ from YYZ did fly over the U.S. around the same time we took off and other flights that day from Westjet and AC took the normal route as well, which just adds to the mystery. Is it possible there was someone or something on board that would have restricted the plane from entering U.S. airspace?

Last edited by mxqisit; Oct 31, 2022 at 12:58 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:33 pm

Pilots were age restricted (older).

Can only fly planned within Canadian airspace.
Adam Smith likes this.

Last edited by djoseph; Oct 31, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Here's the flight track, showing the very clear detour around Maine.
arf04 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.