Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet online check in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet
Westjet online check in

It is a while since we flew with Westjet. We have a flight YYZ-BGI in November. When I open the Westjet app it says « Checking In? Please check in online 24 hours before your flight, as airport kiosks no longer offer check in »
What does that mean relative to our luggage? Does anyone know if the kiosks will still print the luggage tags? Or does an agent do this now?
Thanks for any information provided.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by chrisky
It is a while since we flew with Westjet. We have a flight YYZ-BGI in November. When I open the Westjet app it says « Checking In? Please check in online 24 hours before your flight, as airport kiosks no longer offer check in »
What does that mean relative to our luggage? Does anyone know if the kiosks will still print the luggage tags? Or does an agent do this now?
Thanks for any information provided.
Yes, the primary purpose of the kiosks at WestJet major airports now is to print bag tags for self tagging and bag drop. I'm assuming they have found that most people that have not already checked-in online will go to an agent anyway, freeing kiosk usage for the self-tagging to avoid any queues there.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Westjet
Thanks.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 12:54 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by aerobod
Yes, the primary purpose of the kiosks at WestJet major airports now is to print bag tags for self tagging and bag drop. I'm assuming they have found that most people that have not already checked-in online will go to an agent anyway, freeing kiosk usage for the self-tagging to avoid any queues there.
@aerobod, is this recent? The kiosks at YYC appeared to still allow check-in as of September 30.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
@aerobod, is this recent? The kiosks at YYC appeared to still allow check-in as of September 30.
I don't know if it is in place in all kiosks, it is implied by the posting from chrisky that it is the case in YYZ. Each airport and kiosk provider for the WS shared kiosks have different software releases and potentially different functionality at any point in time. It may also vary depending on whether the airport has self-serve bag drop or not and the number of kiosks available at a given airport vs the volume of PAX.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:46 am

Westjet's site still lists a number of airports that allow kiosk check-in.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/manage/check-in
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:43 am

The transition will take be taking place throughout this month and next month.
aerobod likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.