Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet issues status match [till December 15, 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet issues status match [till December 15, 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
I’m surprised they sent me a luggage tag.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 8:50 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dtman85
I’m surprised they sent me a luggage tag.
Same here - tags and surprise.
iaindh likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by theranj
Status matched my AC75k last month, and took a single <return> flight for my weekly commute from YCD to YVR. Purchased Premium tickets, it was $1031 (!!!) Pre taxes and fees. But did the trick - I now see my status extended until Dec 2023.
I am curious if anyone else has managed to have their status acknowledged through 2023. Do we know if this recognition of challenge completion is done in large sweeps? I completed the spend requirement with a flight that was posted to my account about a week ago, but my status still shows as expiring Dec 15.

In the process, I had my first experience with the Dreamliner and the Elevation lounge and came away impressed by both.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by unclepants
I am curious if anyone else has managed to have their status acknowledged through 2023. Do we know if this recognition of challenge completion is done in large sweeps? I completed the spend requirement with a flight that was posted to my account about a week ago, but my status still shows as expiring Dec 15.

In the process, I had my first experience with the Dreamliner and the Elevation lounge and came away impressed by both.
Seemed like a mixed bag; I had registered and completed the spend in October, but my status is still showing expiring Dec 15, 2022. A family member complete spend last week and their status is showing extended to Dec 31, 2023. Not sure if I should be worried that the sweep hasn’t extended mine yet?
unclepants likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE
As a data point, I'd met the spend requirement and flights had posted in late October. Status was updated within the past ~3 days and now shows Dec 31, 2023.
unclepants and Adam Smith like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:49 am

I got the status match and tags about 2 months later. I booked a flight in J to Amsterdam to requalify for gold next year and called in to ask if I could use my WJD on my friend's account who's flying with me. The CSR told me I didn't need to since there was a redeem to hit QS promo going on. Today I was told you cannot combine promos and there's nothing that can be done after flying.

Pretty disappointing experience with Westjet...
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I didn't meet the required spend to maintain the Platinum status I got through the match. Instead of restoring the Gold status I had before the match, WS has dumped me down to Silver
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I didn't meet the required spend to maintain the Platinum status I got through the match. Instead of restoring the Gold status I had before the match, WS has dumped me down to Silver
Try writing an email to the executive team. I wrote in and they did right for me.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Hi,
I've just seen this offer and I know that the deadline has just past but would like to get a status match with BA Gold. Please could someone let me have a contact email address at Westjet?
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by hoboeater
Try writing an email to the executive team. I wrote in and they did right for me.
They might, but it's not worth the time. My status would drop down to Silver at January 1 anyway, and I don't have any plans to fly WS flights before the end of the year. Well, one, but it's a DL codeshare that I'll credit to DL.

I also have other axes to grind with the executive team.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:35 pm

I did the Status Match to Gold. Purposely booked a flight with a Premium leg to get $1065 worth of spend for the year (after the WJ Debacle I had with Rewards in 2021, I flew AC most of the year), even confirmed it with the rewards that what I was doing was correct. Funny enough they "forgot" to credit me with a leg which left me $4 short believe it or not. I left it for a few days and then called in, was given a few excuses as to why I was incorrect and didn't qualify. I pushed back with them putting some sort of internal follow up note, 24 hours later the leg was added and I show as qualified for Gold until 12/31/2022. Was it just a system error, I don't know how much trust I have in WestJet considering in 2021 I missed Gold by $6. I was supposed to get the $500 status lift from my WJRBC Card but it came delayed, I argued, wrote letters and they wouldn't do anything about it. Surprised somewhat that they did this time.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerra
I did the Status Match to Gold. Purposely booked a flight with a Premium leg to get $1065 worth of spend for the year (after the WJ Debacle I had with Rewards in 2021, I flew AC most of the year), even confirmed it with the rewards that what I was doing was correct. Funny enough they "forgot" to credit me with a leg which left me $4 short believe it or not. I left it for a few days and then called in, was given a few excuses as to why I was incorrect and didn't qualify. I pushed back with them putting some sort of internal follow up note, 24 hours later the leg was added and I show as qualified for Gold until 12/31/2022. Was it just a system error, I don't know how much trust I have in WestJet considering in 2021 I missed Gold by $6. I was supposed to get the $500 status lift from my WJRBC Card but it came delayed, I argued, wrote letters and they wouldn't do anything about it. Surprised somewhat that they did this time.
You mean qualified for gold until 2023?

A very similar situation happened to me. Called in to make sure that what I was doing was correct and the rep even helped me put notes on my account. After some emails to upper management, they fixed my account manually.

Edit: nevermind I see you said in 2021.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Please could someone let me have an email contact for Westjet Rewards as I have a query on their status match offer
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Please could someone let me have an email contact for Westjet Rewards as I have a query on their status match offer
Far as I know your only avenue would be to call in (or request a call back from a regular agent) and then ask to be put through to the rewards department. Be prepared for at least a 1-2 hour hold time (if you're looking to do it now with the mess that travel is I don't know if you would get through at all). You could possibly send them a DM on Twitter, they are pretty good at responding in a reasonable time to possibly get an email address, the folks on Twitter however have no clue as to what Rewards is doing or not doing, two entirely separate departments.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I wonder whether WS's system eventually figured this out, or whether someone at WS reads FT and fixed it, because my status is now back to Gold until 31/12/22. Not that it really matters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.