Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet Issues Gift Card Compensation - $500 Mastercard!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

My friend flew WestJet back in April 2022 YEG-YYZ and the flight was delayed so long that she didn't make her connection. She was forced to pay for a hotel and pay for another Covid test (this was just before the US pulled the entry test), since they could not get her on another flight until the next day.

She had to pay for everything up front, and she didn't think she would see a penny back, but they requested receipts for reimbursement, plus sent a $500 gift card!

How is it that only a couple of months later, they are not obliged to do the exact same thing?! People are having to take them to small claims court to get any sort of reimbursement! Is it the sheer volume?!
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.