Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG - YYC. Award ticket buying seats

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

CDG - YYC. Award ticket buying seats

We booked an award flight from CDG-YYC in July. Coach tickets. It looks like we have no baggage and no seat selection. Can we buy seats? If yes, any particular good seats to purchase? Bulkhead?
Old May 7, 2021, 11:38 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
When you say an "award flight" can you be more precise? Did you book a ticket with WestJet Dollars (whether regular or Member Exclusive), or did you book through DL, AF/KL, etc?
Old May 8, 2021, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
When you say an "award flight" can you be more precise? Did you book a ticket with WestJet Dollars (whether regular or Member Exclusive), or did you book through DL, AF/KL, etc?
Booked via KLM
Old May 9, 2021, 1:25 pm

Just a heads up, but if your booked on WS CDG-YYC this coming July, the route is being removed until August, so you'll probably end up on KLM AMS-YYC instead. You should be notified of schedule changes shortly.
kalderlake and Adam Smith like this.
Old May 9, 2021, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory17
Just a heads up, but if your booked on WS CDG-YYC this coming July, the route is being removed until August, so you'll probably end up on KLM AMS-YYC instead. You should be notified of schedule changes shortly.
I am actually probably ok with this. It was 58k Flying Blue (2 people) points which is super low, so flipping to CDG-AMS-SFO is probably fine. This should also get me bags and seat selection so lets see. Also funny as we are flying SFO-AMS on the way out and taking the train to Paris.

Is there an official link to the notice yet?
Old May 10, 2021, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I am actually probably ok with this. It was 58k Flying Blue (2 people) points which is super low, so flipping to CDG-AMS-SFO is probably fine. This should also get me bags and seat selection so lets see. Also funny as we are flying SFO-AMS on the way out and taking the train to Paris.

Is there an official link to the notice yet?
This schedule change should already been loaded. In the GDS and WS website it shows flights scheduled from August 5. It may take a few days for the change to reach you. Were you originally going to fly WS CDG-YYC-SFO?
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 10, 2021, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hollywoodcory17
This schedule change should already been loaded. In the GDS and WS website it shows flights scheduled from August 5. It may take a few days for the change to reach you. Were you originally going to fly WS CDG-YYC-SFO?
Yeah, that is the original booking.

All this of course is dependent on the EU opening back up to American tourist, so... Ill let you know how it goes.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Yeah, that is the original booking.

All this of course is dependent on the EU opening back up to American tourist, so... Ill let you know how it goes.
Ah. So maybe you'll get lucky and they'll put you on a non-stop to SFO instead.

I was hopeful that they could restore some of their TATL ops by July but at this point, its looking like Summer is a lost cause for international travel (in Canada at least).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.