Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

RBC Companion Voucher for Lounge Voucher Exchange

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2021, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.

This appeals to me if it's permanent because because between me and my girlfriend we always end up with more companion vouchers than we can possibly use.

Although the original expiry date carries forward so it's unlikely many of these will be redeemed.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...ounge-exchange
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:08 am

To me it doesn't make sense - with the RBC World Elite card you get a lounge plan anyway (Mastercard Airport experiences/LoungeKey). Why would you trade a companion voucher for another item you get with your WestJet credit card anyway? Or am I missing something?
Old Feb 11, 2021, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
The LoungeKey membership included with the RBC card doesn't actually include lounge access.

Mastercard Airport Experiences, provided by LoungeKey, are being provided as a benefit to cardholders with eligible and valid World Elite Mastercard cards. Each eligible World Elite Mastercard cardholder is entitled to a complimentary membership to LoungeKey Airport Lounges (as long as they remain a World Elite Mastercard cardholder). Access to participating LoungeKey Airport Lounges is at the cost of US$32 per person (subject to change), per visit, and lounge access charges will be billed to the World Elite Mastercard card connected to the cardholder’s LoungeKey membership.

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-...fits-guide.pdf
Membership in the RadioShack Battery of the Month club would be a bigger perk. It's a farce even by the admittedly low standards of the Royal Bank.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by Error 601
The LoungeKey membership included with the RBC card doesn't actually include lounge access.

Membership in the RadioShack Battery of the Month club would be a bigger perk. It's a farce even by the admittedly low standards of the Royal Bank.
LOL - I never noticed this; I usually rely on my AMEX Platinum's Priority Pass membership for lounge visits......
Old Feb 15, 2021, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Given that I always book premium fares with my companion vouchers, I find those to be good value and wouldn't trade them for lounge vouchers (I also have Priority Pass, so the lounge vouchers don't do much for me).

I would much rather be able to trade my seat selection vouchers, which I never use, for lounge vouchers, or better yet, for a companion voucher.
Old May 4, 2021, 8:00 am

RBC Mastercard - Exchange Companion Voucher for Four Lounge Visits

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...ounge-exchange
Old May 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Announced back in February and discussed on this existing thread:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.