Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

RBC Westjet Mastercard upgrade your status promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2020, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat

It's not much, but could be worth it for someone who's close to the next tier.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/reward...ons/tier-boost
Old Sep 11, 2020, 10:09 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
I've got a lot of car repairs to do, so this 10% should be easy. Just need to find a way to get the remaining 90%.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:26 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
According to the FAQs for the promo:

When will my qualifying spend boost appear in my account?
  1. Period 1: in your account by October 23, 2020
  2. Period 2: in your account by November 23, 2020
  3. Period 3: in your account by December 23, 2020
Today is October 25 ... and I have no new Qualilfying Spend appearing in my account. (I definitely registered for the promo -- back when it was first announced.)

Has anyone received their Q-spend boost yet??
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:23 pm

Yes I did two days ago
Old Oct 25, 2020, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

I received my qualifying spend two days ago to.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 1:38 am

Huh. I guess I missed the fine print.

I registered as soon as the program was announced -- excited that (I thought) it would help me maintain my current Platinum status. Apparently it won't. Members who are currently Platinum are excluded from this promotion. (Everybody else - Teal, Silver, Gold - can benefit. But, nope, not Platinums.) That seems odd.

If someone is Gold right now (and currently has enough Qualifying Spend to hit Gold again) they can use this program to become Platinum -- all the way until Dec 2022.

If someone is Platinum now (but currently only has Qualifying Spend to hit Gold for the next - i.e. 2022 - program year), they can't use this promo -- and would otherwise drop from Platinum down to Gold on Dec 31 2021.

Excluding Platinums from a promo? Not a good way to recognize your biggest fans.

Offer a bump for Golds to get to Platinum ... but, at the same time, offer no way to help current Plats stay there? Hmmmm.

And, dear Westjet, I successfully registered for this program on your website, and proceeded to switch all of my spending to my RBC MC because of this promo. My registration was successful. There was no "you're not eligible" message warning me of this. And the promo and registration link even appeared in the My Account section of westjet.com! Why, oh why, would you promote this to me and allow me to register ... when I'm not eligible and now get absolutely nothing from this?!?

Really, really frustrating, Westjet.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:40 am

I am platinum and have been since last Apriil, and received it. I didn’t figure it would apply but decided to sign up anyway.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Vegabird
I am platinum and have been since last Apriil, and received it. I didn’t figure it would apply but decided to sign up anyway.
Here’s what their T&C say:

This Offer is open to select members of the WestJet Rewards program who are primary cardholders of a WestJet RBC World Elite Mastercard and hold Teal, Silver or Gold tier status (“Eligible Cardholders”). Members with Platinum status as of September 10, 2020 are not eligible for the Offer.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 11:56 am

Update!

Even though I'm Platinum ... my Q spend bonus from using the card did eventually show up in my account! (Just a few days later than when they said it would.)
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:25 pm

Oh excellent, glad to hear it wasn’t just me. Thx for update.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:23 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I got an e-mail from WS a few hours ago announcing this had been extended. Looks like this is broad rather than targeted, since the promo website is updated with the extended dealine.

Offer extended! Time to tier up.
You now have until January 9, 2021 for 10% of your eligible purchases to act as a qualifying spend boost towards your next tier.
What's still not 100% clear to me is whether these promo qualifying dollars will expire at the end of the offer period (in which case they're no good if one isn't currently close to a threshold, which I'm certainly not), or whether they're good until the end of the next qualifying year (in which case the offer might be somewhat useful). The T&C seem to lean towards the former, but it's not explicitly addressed. Anyone know the definitive answer?
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I got an e-mail from WS a few hours ago announcing this had been extended. Looks like this is broad rather than targeted, since the promo website is updated with the extended dealine.

What's still not 100% clear to me is whether these promo qualifying dollars will expire at the end of the offer period (in which case they're no good if one isn't currently close to a threshold, which I'm certainly not), or whether they're good until the end of the next qualifying year (in which case the offer might be somewhat useful). The T&C seem to lean towards the former, but it's not explicitly addressed. Anyone know the definitive answer?
I believe it is the latter. This is WJ's promo to imitate AC's "Travel at Home." It lets you earn qualifying spend without flying for a status year that ends on Dec 31, 2021.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:16 pm

The "qualification year" is May 2020 to Dec 2021. If you earn WestJet elite status during this time period, then your Elite status should be valid until Dec 2022, right?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Anyone get Period 2 or Period 3 round of Qualifying Dollars posted into their accounts??
Old Dec 17, 2020, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Anyone get Period 2 or Period 3 round of Qualifying Dollars posted into their accounts??
I received Period 2 Qualifing dollars November 17 and Period 3 was today, December 17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.