Wiki Posts
Search

Extra legroom seats on 737-800

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Extra legroom seats on 737-800

Usually choose exit row seats but row 4, behind the 3 plus seat rows, is available to book. They are showing as preferred seats with an extra cost over economy. Do they have the extra legroom or are they preferred just because they are at the front of the aircraft? Seat guru does not note them as having extra leg room.....
Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller
Usually choose exit row seats but row 4, behind the 3 plus seat rows, is available to book. They are showing as preferred seats with an extra cost over economy. Do they have the extra legroom or are they preferred just because they are at the front of the aircraft? Seat guru does not note them as having extra leg room.....
Row 4 to the row in front of the emergency exit have more leg room than the rows behind the emergency exit, but not to the extent that the emergency exits or Premium seats do. Don’t quote me but I think those are 33” versus 31”? Not sure!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Ontariotraveller

I am also curious about what this preferred option is.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
The DEF seats in front of the exit row have more legroom. YYCguy is probably right on the 33" vs 31" ... it's enough to make it a bit more comfortable if you're taller of need to get into a bag stowed under the seat ahead of your (as is my case, usually dipping in for my laptop).

Not sure about the ABC seats, they seem a bit tighter so I never book them.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC 35k
The preferred legroom at 33" vs. 31". You will notice.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Calgary661
I am also curious about what this preferred option is.
They are now measuring to the millimeter and selling non Plus/PE seats for more than plain old economy seats other than exit rows. In one row. I guess due to following the Plus row 3 they are slightly higher pitch than the circus monkey seats in coach.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K
Do exit rows still board first? If so, I'd stick to exit rows.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by kevflyer
When I last flew, they were called between Zone 2 and 3. It tends to vary but it's definitely ahead of the normal boarding zone. Plus FAs tend to be more helpful with luggage due to needed to keep the row clear.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by kevflyer
They have not on my last flights over a couple years. Process is wheelchairs, leave all of the wheelchair passengers in the jetway, then Zone 1 so we can stand behind the wheelchairs because the wheelchairs were of course, called too early, then something happens behind me which might be exit rows, but since I'm standing behind the squadron of wheelchairs, I have never heard what they say next.

Then the wheelchair dam breaks and forms again at the door because they go from too slow to too fast. Then I board and someone else comes later. I've never looked behind me to see if they all beeline to exit rows but they might just be doing that.
ottobud, Symmetre, smallmj and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.