Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WestJet Elevation Lounge YYC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon
From what I have gathered , no . I have been told by an insider that it has garnished some interest as it would be an additional revenue source , since it would help them cover their cost of running the lounge.

The thought process is they would want to make sure that they’re not cannibalizing the sale of their own lounge memberships by allowing in Priority Pass members; they also want to make sure that crowding from Priority Pass doesn’t diminish the experience to the point that the lounge is no longer relaxing.

I suppose time will tell what they fully decide and I am absolutely anticipating the lounge unveiling next week.

I sincerely hope they , in the next few years obviously, select Toronto for their next lounge site. I only come through there on business sadly.
Well Alaska and Air Canada both in the past allowed priority pass to select under utilised lounges but would close off priority access access during peek times. WS may try to do something similar. AC should also look at granting Priority pass access. In years past they did that for some of the lounges outside Canada.
cirrusdragoon and Vegabird like this.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Fiordland
Well Alaska and Air Canada both in the past allowed priority pass to select under utilised lounges but would close off priority access access during peek times. WS may try to do something similar. AC should also look at granting Priority pass access. In years past they did that for some of the lounges outside Canada.
From WS's Instagram story, looks like there will be an announcement on the lounge tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully Priority Pass members might be able to get access and an opening date will be announced
Old Oct 26, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: skyteam
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Seeing as this is the first lounge for them WS may go with the exclusivity path for now , to keep the experience premium , quieter ambiance , for the rewards members, J cabin, by not letting every cat from the street in. I imagine that is why Air Canada , Delta etc. follow the same strategy with their lounge access policies. But a part of me is saying , with the pandemic , how many people are truly flying that it would ruin the atmosphere of the lounge by allowing other memberships in? Plus it would help with revenue for WS , even more so these days. Even Air France/KLM has partnered with Priority Pass .

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Oct 26, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:09 am

Westjet unveils its flagship Business lounge, Elevation . Well done, world class amenity.

Video tour:

Welcome to the WestJet Elevation Lounge - Oct 27, 2020

Boasting more than 9,300 square feet of premium space with panoramic views and Canadian-inspired details, the WestJet Elevation Lounge blends contemporary design with refined mountain living inspired by Canada's diverse landscape. The flagship space was designed in collaboration with global architecture and design firm Gensler to carefully consider the needs and safety of guests and frequent travellers

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/book-t...nges/elevation

World class and elegant modern. Priority pass members granted access!!
YYCCL3 likes this.

Last edited by cirrusdragoon; Oct 27, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by cirrusdragoon
The lounge looks beautiful. Well done. Looking forward to future openings!

Video tour https://youtu.be/AYMOQllro9I

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/book-t...nges/elevation

Priority pass included!
Yes!!! So excited. Will be going through it next weekend. I will be sure to leave my thoughts.
cirrusdragoon likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
As expected...
Priority Pass, LoungeKey, LOUNGE CLUB and Diners Club members may access the lounge using their membership benefits.

I wonder is the naming a sign of a name change from Westjet Rewards to Westjet Elevation?

Ron.

Last edited by newfbc; Oct 27, 2020 at 10:34 am
Old Oct 27, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Looks really nice, waiting to hear first hand reports from flyers after Nov 2.
It appears we cannot bring family or travelling companion into the lounge which is a huge miss for Westjet.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Sunny Day
It appears we cannot bring family or travelling companion into the lounge which is a huge miss for Westjet.
Westjet's regular lounge access rules apply -- so it depends on your status.

For Platinums it says right in their email today...

Discover the new Elevation Lounge.

Enjoy unlimited complimentary access for you and your family or bring in a guest to share the experience.
Sunny Day and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Looks really nice, waiting to hear first hand reports from flyers after Nov 2.
Oh actually you can , for Platinum and Gold rewards members .
  1. WestJet Rewards Platinum, Gold and Silvermembers are eligible for complimentary lounge access based on their tier benefits.

Which include :
  • Lounge access is valid for member and up to five (5) immediate family members when accompanied by the Gold member and taking a same-day WestJet flight from the same airport.
  • Immediate family members are defined as a spouse or common-law partner (including same-sex relationships) and dependent children up to the age of 24 and living at the same address as the member. WestJet and its representatives reserves the right to, at any time, request proof of age and address for dependent children.
Sunny Day likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 7:08 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
It reminds me on the No. 1 lounge at Gatwick North.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 6:40 am

This looks great and I'm glad that Priority Pass is onboard so that I can get access. I feel the need for a quick flight somewhere just so that I can check out the lounge.

My only real concern/question is that access for international travelers is going to really suck. You obviously you have to go to the end of the new Intl terminal to check in and drop off your luggage and walk all the way back to B to get into the lounge afterwards you have to catch the Link to get to the Intl gates. I'm wondering if passengers go through security at the Intl terminal if they will be allowed to go backwards through the duty shop and through the corridor to the domestic terminal for lounge access. Previously once you were in the Intl terminal you were stuck in there.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
This looks great and I'm glad that Priority Pass is onboard so that I can get access. I feel the need for a quick flight somewhere just so that I can check out the lounge.

My only real concern/question is that access for international travelers is going to really suck. You obviously you have to go to the end of the new Intl terminal to check in and drop off your luggage and walk all the way back to B to get into the lounge afterwards you have to catch the Link to get to the Intl gates. I'm wondering if passengers go through security at the Intl terminal if they will be allowed to go backwards through the duty shop and through the corridor to the domestic terminal for lounge access. Previously once you were in the Intl terminal you were stuck in there.
Currently, the Link service is suspended. I do believe if you’re travelling to non-US International destinations, one goes through security screening at concourse C at the moment due to partial terminal closures, so you could walk down to the lounge from there, and then just walk back to gates C70/71 where international flights are currently departing from. A good way to get your steps in before a long flight!
Old Oct 28, 2020, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by YYCguy
Currently, the Link service is suspended. I do believe if you’re travelling to non-US International destinations, one goes through security screening at concourse C at the moment due to partial terminal closures, so you could walk down to the lounge from there, and then just walk back to gates C70/71 where international flights are currently departing from. A good way to get your steps in before a long flight!
Concourse D is open again, and so is its security (when there's flights departing). You can still access it though by clearing security in the domestic wing.
YYCguy and cirrusdragoon like this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 5:42 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Looks nice. I might have to book myself a flight next week to go check it out.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 11:32 pm

I note that the lounge looks out onto the passing foot traffic alongside the Link passageway. Can those pedestrians see into the lounge as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.