Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plus virtual curtain?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Plus virtual curtain?

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but I haven't flown in WS for almost a year. I noticed on my flight the other day that although there was no curtain separating Plus from the main cabin the dedicated FA acted like there was. Folks from economy wanting to use the forward lav were requested to wait behind row 3 and not in the aisle in the Plus seating area.

Service was great and the wine selection wasn't bad either 👍
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:21 am

I've seen this too. It's nice
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by mxqisit
I've seen this too. It's nice
I have found that is also how Alaska does it.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: WS Nothing, AC Something, AS Gold. Too big for 737Max washrooms
Originally Posted by Fiordland
I have found that is also how Alaska does it.
Yes, I was on Alaska in J last week and WS plus this week. Both 737s. Identical front cabin territorial boundary enforcement from the FA in both cases.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:00 pm

Also was the case for me on a recent WS flight, but had never heard it mentioned by the Lead FA, or even operationally enforced, before this. New procedure perhaps?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
It's operant conditioning for both crew and pax for when J becomes a reality in the 737/787.

Get them trained early........heh.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have experienced this on flights going back a couple of years - not every flight, but it was nice to not have people almost sitting in my lap while waiting for the loo!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Also was the case for me on a recent WS flight, but had never heard it mentioned by the Lead FA, or even operationally enforced, before this. New procedure perhaps?
It must be new because everyone queued up next to row 1 on my last flight, and if the FA was inattentive, actually IN row 1 waiting for the can. What normal person thinks they can stand in someone's seat area while that person is in the seat?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:05 pm

Yesterday on my YVR-YYC segment, the FA was moving the pax back to row 3 on more than one occasion, while muttering something about the premium cabin..
Old Oct 9, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by KDS777
Yesterday on my YVR-YYC segment, the FA was moving the pax back to row 3 on more than one occasion, while muttering something about the premium cabin..
Muttering what? How they paid 3X the price and should not have to have yokels standing where they put their feet?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:07 am

No offence, but on my YVR-YYC Flight plus is usually $50 -75 more than my $375 fare.

Hardly 3X as much as you stated.

Last edited by KDS777; Oct 10, 2018 at 10:23 am
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by KDS777
No offence, but on my YVR-YYC Flight plus is usually $50 -75 more than my $375 fare.

Hardly 3X as much as you stated.
Paid not upgraded and flights of a proper length are triple or more.
Regardless of how people got to Plus there's no excuse for people in coach standing where people in Plus sit and there is less of an excuse for flight attendants to mutter about any passengers.
Plus passengers paid to be there via the base fare, upgrades or throwing the dice as premium members and flight attendants should be more discreet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.