Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus WestJet Dollars

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by YYCfasha
Oh it just reeks of desperation, especially just after posting record load factors for June.
Pushing load factor at the expense of profit is not a good equation.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton, DL, AC Gate Lice, WS, UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Right, like giving out bonus dollars that don't get redeemed?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:34 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hello all, we have learned that some members have not been receiving the email notification for WestJet’s exclusive member offers that are offered for a limited time. To make sure that you receive these notifications please check your spam filters and ensure you have added [email protected] to your address book.

Mandy
WestJet
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Assuming those are mutually exclusive and not factored into the overall yield algorithm is faulty logic.

Hence why other posters seem to see that a sale arises shortly after a limited bonus dollar offering - logical conclusion is that the bonus dollars didn't yield the desired # of seats sold - move to next step in filling aircraft <profitably>.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WestJet
Hello all, we have learned that some members have not been receiving the email notification for WestJet’s exclusive member offers that are offered for a limited time. To make sure that you receive these notifications please check your spam filters and ensure you have added [email protected] to your address book.

Mandy
WestJet
The e-mails arrive, Mandy. One or two days later than the $ are credited, if one coincidentally looks in their account, and the e-mail is the same day they expire. Lousy IT and service all around.

Since you have posted flown $ in the order of return two weeks before the outbound, it is not a surprise you send the bonus $ before you the e-mail. Backwards is backwards.

Since you want to be a "mini-AC" with the Plus pricing and such please send % off offers not paltry $50 offers good for a day. Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Received an email for my loyalty (and RBC MasterCard) of a WJ$ bonus of $20 will be applied to my account September 5.

I hope this is a longer than 2 day expiry, as it doesn't state anything
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by coleworld
Received an email for my loyalty (and RBC MasterCard) of a WJ$ bonus of $20 will be applied to my account September 5.

I hope this is a longer than 2 day expiry, as it doesn't state anything
I got the same email, but the fine print at the bottom says that the dollars will expire in one year.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Originally Posted by WestJet

Mandy
WestJet
Why not do a notification from the App?
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Got an email yesterday telling me $50 was being added to my WS account. Great timing as I've been planning to book flights to Vegas for next March so I took the opportunity to make use of the WS gift. That's twice this summer I've had this happen. I received $50 in early July at a time when I was planning a trip to NB so I used that $50 towards my August trip to NB. Keep up the good work, WS!

Last edited by Gogie; Aug 27, 2017 at 6:43 am
Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Gogie
Got an email yesterday telling me $50 was being added to my WS account. Great timing as I've been planning to book flights to Vegas next March so I took the opportunity to make use of the WS gift. That's twice this summer I've had this happen. I received $50 in early July at a time when I was planning a trip to NB so I used that $50 towards my August trip to NB. Keep up the good work, WS!
The last 2 times I have not received these emails even though my email address has not changed and there was nothing in my spam folder. Although I did get the RBC loyalty email so not sure why one shows up but the other doesn't.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:54 am

Is WS still giving $50WSD for 72 hours these days?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
Is WS still giving $50WSD for 72 hours these days?
Last one I received was June 16, 2020.
kalderlake likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:19 pm

Congrats! You are successfully registered for this limited-time exclusive offer.

Book today, travel later, earn more.

If you have been thinking about making future travel you can plan for sunnier days ahead with this exclusive member offer. Register and book a round-trip flight for travel within Canada until December 16 and you will earn an additional 50 WestJet dollars.*

Next step - Book and travel:

• Register and book between: February 18-28, 2021
  • Travel period: February 18 – December 16, 2021
  • Eligible flights: All within Canada
  • Bonus WestJet dollars: 25 bonus WestJet dollars on each one-way flight.
  • Fares: Econo, EconoFlex, Premium, PremiumFlex, Business, Businessflex (excludes Basic fares)
Wherever or whenever you go, travel with peace of mind knowing that we’re putting your Safety Above All.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 2:21 pm

I guess from now on, there is no more pre depositing 50 WSD into your account. Rather you need to book a flight to get 50 WSD for a round-trip ticket.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by On Time Reports
I guess from now on, there is no more pre depositing 50 WSD into your account. Rather you need to book a flight to get 50 WSD for a round-trip ticket.
Not quite.

Book today, travel later and save

Thinking about travel? With this exclusive member offer there are 50 extra WestJet dollars in your account for 3 days only. To save, book by February 22, 2021 (9:59 pm MT) for flights within Canada on any date in our schedule, with no blackouts.*
Out of the family members, this was sent only to an account that has had no activity on it.
On Time Reports likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.