Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Exit row WestJet passengers board in which zone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

I'm a non-elite WestJet flyer who was able to confirm my flights YEG-YYZ-LGA in exit rows and I seem to remember in the past being able to board earlier when seated in exit rows so does the airline still do this? Do they usually announce it?

Just curious as I travel with carry-on only and so boarding a few minutes earlier helps secure overhead bin space.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Zone 1. And yes, it will be announced ("Now boarding Plus, Westjet Gold and passengers seated in exit rows" or something like that).
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

That's good. Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:06 pm

In my experience, people sitting in exit rows are eligible for pre-boarding, along with those needing assistance, people with young children or pets, etc.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ottobud
In my experience, people sitting in exit rows are eligible for pre-boarding, along with those needing assistance, people with young children or pets, etc.
That's they way it's usually announced except today at YYZ as the announcement of pre-boarding for seniors or families with young children was made but not emergency exit flyers. I was near the gate area and after some idiot in Zone 2 tried to board the GA scolded a bunch of us nearby so I politely asked about passengers in exit rows and it seemed like she'd forgotten to include that in the announcement and only then realised it. She told me to wait until I was called and then 4 seconds later went to the mic and called for exit row passengers to also board which earned her a free eye roll from me.

Maybe it just wasn't her day as all the other WJ flights called for exit row passengers to join the pre-boarding group and it's really handy with carry-on only.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
Your boarding pass will say Zone 3, but you should be called to pre-board.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Error 601
Your boarding pass will say Zone 3, but you should be called to pre-board.
All BP did show Zone 3 but yes, in all but the last flight exit pax were called to pre-board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.