Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Redeem Miles for Westjet with Delta Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

Source: http://canadiankilometers.boardingar...elta-skymiles/

EDIT: As I review this a little more, the only way to redeem is to transfer Amex MR to Delta, and the returns are very poor. I would probably only use this for flights that are very expensive, but then again, those aren't available using points with Delta.

Delta Skymiles are often referred to as skypesos because they were not valuable compared to Alaska, United, or American before they all devalued (to some extent).

Today, Delta has unveiled a new airline you can redeem on – Westjet.

For Canadians, Membership Rewards are transferrable to Delta – however only at a 1:0.75 ratio.

So far, they have the following prices one-way. Keep in mind that you can also add Delta along with Westjet on the same award ticket.

Domestic Canada/US – 12,500 Miles
Mexico/Caribbean – 17,500 Miles
Hawaii – 22,500 Miles
Europe – 30,000 Miles

I haven’t flown too much on Westjet, but it’s a nice additional option to have when redeeming your miles – for families who want to go to Disneyland on the direct YVR-SNA flight, or even if there’s no space on an Aeroplan direct flight.

Availability, unfortunately, doesn’t looks the best. With a couple of routes I’ve checked, there’s space perhaps a few days out of the month.

Delta Skymiles Redemption on Westjet YVR-SNA
Delta Skymiles Redemption on Westjet YVR-SNA
However, what excites me even more is that reciprocal redemptions on Delta should be coming soon on Westjet Rewards. It’s always good to have additional redemption options on Canadian domestic flights as well.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Mar 29, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting that.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Today, i see the opposite is now available. I am still trying to wrap my head around how to take advantage of this .

http://canadiankilometers.boardingar...edeemed-delta/
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:00 pm

The WestJet and Delta systems have been linked from a redemption perspective. Over the next week or so you will start seeing "T" fares appearing, but they have not all been populated yet - what you see now is just the start.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

So far, I am not seeing anything very positive. Multiple layovers, many stops, etc. Exciting to see how this progresses though.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
So far, I am not seeing anything very positive. Multiple layovers, many stops, etc. Exciting to see how this progresses though.
Encouraging so far, I've found YYZ-LAX-SAN for 12.5k Skymiles when Delta wants 17.5k for itineraries wholly on its own metal.

Cheers
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:06 pm

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/paris-...193800604.html

WestJet, Delta Air Lines enhance reciprocal frequent flyer agreement

CALGARY, April 3, 2017 /CNW/ - WestJet today announced the expansion of their reciprocal frequent flyer agreement with Delta Air Lines to include redemption of WestJet dollars on new select Delta routes including Paris, Tokyo, Rome, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sydney (Australia). Delta SkyMiles Members can now redeem miles anywhere WestJet flies.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Delta SkyMiles can now redeem WestJet seats

I have not seen the attention this deserves anywhere on FT or the blogosphere.

Routes like YVR-YYZ can be redeemed for 15,000 Skymiles and the availability is wide open. This is fantastic.

While oddly more expensive than booking connecting domestic Delta itineraries to the US, e.g. YVR-YYZ-JFK is 12,500 Skymiles, or even compared to Aeroplan's 12,500 YVR-YYZ at classic saver rates, it is still a good value.

Unfortunately, there is no discount for shorter hops, and YVR-YYC will cost the same as YVR-YYZ.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC 35k
This is actually already posted

[Moderator edit - YXUFlyboy is correct; and I've combined the newer thread just started with the existing one on the topic. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Apr 15, 2017 at 8:51 am Reason: To explain merging of threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.