Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

does westjet have email or ph number for complaint

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does westjet have email or ph number for complaint

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but most North American airlines (including the "big three") still offer BoB.
The context of my comment was in regards to BoB on the TransAt, however on further reflection I can see your point that my comment did not specify TransAt, appologies for the confusion.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

well folks ill try to make this simple , westjet put us an ac flight that missed my other westjet conn to London , my westjet flight was going to be real late ,so that explains the ac flight the ac flight came back to yhz , so when we went to airport the next morning westjet tried to tell us it was up to ac to get us to London , I said we booked flight with westjet ,not ac , anyways after back and forth between westjet and ac agents ,each was sending us back to the other , I made a joke about saying it would be a good story for the media referring to us booking a westjet flight and westjet saying it was up to ac to get us there, that was it , was no threats ,no yelling , no nothing ,I told westjet agent it was a joke , that why I asked about westjet and media, I just found it really strange when it happened, that's the story folks ,I'm sure if any of u were there ,u feel same.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 6:53 am

I wrote a complaint email to Westjet 12 days ago regarding them constantly changing my flight timings (flying in July from LGW > YYZ > YUL > LGW) with the fourth time changing by a few hours which messed up my car hire.

I have received no response - I messaged them on FB and they said they couldn't help and I called them up today and the woman actually said "I have no one I can refer you to" and said there was no manager I could be passed to. She said it normally takes 10 days to respond. I can't believe in this day and age it takes 10 days to respond to an email. It has now been 12.

Having said this I've only been made aware of all the delays they are experiencing from this forum. There are 7 of us going next month along with a 4 month old baby. Can't say I'm looking forward to it with all the stories I'm reading about here!

Last edited by uzi123; Jun 13, 2016 at 6:57 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 13, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by uzi123
I wrote a complaint email to Westjet 12 days ago regarding them constantly changing my flight timings (flying in July from LGW > YYZ > YUL > LGW) with the fourth time changing by a few hours which messed up my car hire.

I have received no response - I messaged them on FB and they said they couldn't help and I called them up today and the woman actually said "I have no one I can refer you to" and said there was no manager I could be passed to. She said it normally takes 10 days to respond. I can't believe in this day and age it takes 10 days to respond to an email. It has now been 12.

Having said this I've only been made aware of all the delays they are experiencing from this forum. There are 7 of us going next month along with a 4 month old baby. Can't say I'm looking forward to it with all the stories I'm reading about here!
Have you looked to see if current flight prices are similar to what you have paid for? If they are it might be worthwhile to just book with the competition and cancel with WJ with all these delays. I believe you're allowed to get a full refund if timings are way off from the original or they sub the operating carrier.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Hoklun
Have you looked to see if current flight prices are similar to what you have paid for? If they are it might be worthwhile to just book with the competition and cancel with WJ with all these delays. I believe you're allowed to get a full refund if timings are way off from the original or they sub the operating carrier.
Unfortunately that's not an option. As it's a multi city trip if I search the same itinerary it's going to cost me at least £300 - £500 more per person as I booked these flights six months ago.

Also, seeing as how I can't even get a response to my complaint email I can't imagine it being simple to cancel the flights and get a refund
Old Jun 13, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Changes in flight times do happen - particularly with a new service.

Did you make the hire car booking separately from the flights? If so, I'm sorry to say that I can't see how a complaint to the airline is going to yield any productive response.

On a more positive note, car hire offices at airports do understand that timings change - which, as I understand it, is why they ask you for you to provide flight numbers on your can rental reservation. If flight times were only slightly altered, I'd not worry informing the car hire company in question. To be honest, this is something I wouldn't take action on until about a week before departure, precisely in case further schedule changes are announced.

(to be fair, this seems to happen more in north America than Europe, in my experience at least - and I see you're flying from and back to the UK - and it certainly was something of an eye-opener for me)

My family also has a couple of LGW-YYZ flights coming up (in late July, and late August) - so I share your concerns wrt the current problems they've been having. Fingers crossed things get sorted out in the next few weeks.

Last edited by sofasurfer; Jun 13, 2016 at 1:34 pm Reason: didn't quote the poster I was responding to... fixed!
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by sofasurfer
Changes in flight times do happen - particularly with a new service.

Did you make the hire car booking separately from the flights? If so, I'm sorry to say that I can't see how a complaint to the airline is going to yield any productive response.

On a more positive note, car hire offices at airports do understand that timings change - which, as I understand it, is why they ask you for you to provide flight numbers on your can rental reservation. If flight times were only slightly altered, I'd not worry informing the car hire company in question. To be honest, this is something I wouldn't take action on until about a week before departure, precisely in case further schedule changes are announced.

(to be fair, this seems to happen more in north America than Europe, in my experience at least - and I see you're flying from and back to the UK - and it certainly was something of an eye-opener for me)

My family also has a couple of LGW-YYZ flights coming up (in late July, and late August) - so I share your concerns wrt the current problems they've been having. Fingers crossed things get sorted out in the next few weeks.
My complaint was more to voice my annoyance more than anything - 4 changes (multiple changes across my 4 flights) started to get annoying.

I got a response yesterday after two weeks - as you alluded to I it wasn't much of a response! I really hope nothing goes wrong my flight as their customer service seems poor when it comes to dealing with complaints.

Either way I hope that both of our family trips happen hassle free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.