Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

$99 companion fare, companion cannot use return trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

I already booked a PLUS Seats flight for May long weekend using my $99 westjet companion fare. My spouse's work requires that she fly out from the destination city to make a meeting in a 3rd city.

Is my best option to not have her check-in on the return flight and just eat the $45 in taxes we paid?

Last edited by cgyroof; Feb 26, 2016 at 12:52 pm
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:52 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
It would probably depend on your circumstances.

For example, if the cost to purchase a new one-way fare is rather low, you could purchase her a ticket in her own right and save the voucher for another date.

Some considerations might be when the voucher expires, and what other travel plans you might have (or might come up with!) between now and then.

Cheers,
Darren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.