Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet consistently fails to meet 10 day response time promise

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Just to be clear, my gripe here isn't that WestJet takes more than 10 days to respond to a customer service ticket. Unfortunately, this is par for the course in the aviation industry.

It's that it adamantly sets a target and then fails to meet that standard. I've had this experience several times now, here's an example:

Thank you for contacting us. Your satisfaction as a WestJet Rewards member and our guest is important to us, and we will do our best to assist you. Please note that we will respond to your inquiry within ten days. Might be sooner – but rest assured it won't take any longer.
Note that the response time promised is ten days. Not ten business days.

It's been twelve days now. And yes, I've checked my spam folder.
Again, I'm fine with it taking a few weeks for someone to get around to my email. But I think over-promising and under-delivering is a recurring problem that WestJet management really needs to consider and address.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:34 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
I've been waiting about a month now, still no response. I am of the opinion that I'll never actually get a response. By the time my Gold package arrives I'll no longer be Gold.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:30 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Hi swonder,

You're absolutely right!

We should definitely be under-promising and over-delivering - not the other way around.

Until we can consistently hit the target turnaround time, we've removed the reply promise from the email.

Trust you should hear from the team soon if not already.

Thanks,
Darren
Old Mar 8, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by WestJet
Hi swonder,

You're absolutely right!

We should definitely be under-promising and over-delivering - not the other way around.

Until we can consistently hit the target turnaround time, we've removed the reply promise from the email.

Trust you should hear from the team soon if not already.

Thanks,
Darren
What a great solution instead of doing something in 10 days, which in itself is a ridiculously long time to deal with customer service. The ones who pay to keep you all working.

Next schedules with no arrival times. Never be late.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I just received a response to an inquiry I'd sent in 8 Feb. about WestJet dollar accrual. I'd forgotten I'd sent it in it'd been so long ago.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
It's like that old joke.

Ten days? Yes. But not in a row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.