Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

How Far Along is the Seat/IFE Conversion?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS

I haven't been able to find anything recent on how far along WS with the change in seats and IFE. I'm flying on a -700 in a couple of weeks. Have any of these been converted?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:44 pm

Only a few -700 converted so far, but currently one aircraft a week being completed. 75% of the -800 with WestJet Connect IFEC and 90% with seats replaced (seats are line fit on new -800, but IFEC is not, so has to be scheduled after they have entered service).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Thanks for the info. I went back and checked my flight and I'm on an -800 so odds are good for the new IFEC (which I prefer over LiveTV).
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:06 pm

Not that it will make a difference, but is there any way to tell (even a day or two in advance) if you'll be on a Connect-enabled 800? Looking at doing a YYZ-YHZ flight soon. With my luck, the 800 on that route probably hasn't been converted!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by xero9
Not that it will make a difference, but is there any way to tell (even a day or two in advance) if you'll be on a Connect-enabled 800? Looking at doing a YYZ-YHZ flight soon. With my luck, the 800 on that route probably hasn't been converted!
Unfortunately virtually all the flights from YYZ to YHZ are on 737-700s, WS268 is typically the only flight that uses -800, in the past week on the 12th it was operated by an -800 that was WestJet Connect equipped.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by aerobod
Unfortunately virtually all the flights from YYZ to YHZ are on 737-700s, WS268 is typically the only flight that uses -800, in the past week on the 12th it was operated by an -800 that was WestJet Connect equipped.
I'd pick the flight with the -800 just to at least have a shot at it

Thanks for the confirmation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.