Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Westjet status match back on and easy renewal for existing Golds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Just got this email last night. This is a nice unexpected bonus from Westjet for me since I likely wasn't going to reach gold tier status for the upcoming year.

Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
+1. ^

Wonder what percentage of Golds they would have lost without this offer.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:58 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I will renew, but I'm still waiting for real benefits. They really need to transition from a LCC to a full-service airline. Many 737-aircraft only fleets are able to do it: Alaska, Copa, GOL, etc. And with 767s now, they have no excuse!
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriot Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by The Lev
+1. ^

Wonder what percentage of Golds they would have lost without this offer.
I have to say having Gold status was of little value to me this year.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)

I got this too and was hoping WestJet would offer it again! Great move! I have flown them twice this year which is twice more than I've ever flown them (up until this year, I hadn't flown them since 2006). Not sure whether this extension of Gold benefits will push me over the top and make me switch from AC. As others mentioned, WestJet needs to become more of a full service airline and also join an alliance before I will give them any serious consideration.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:01 am

Oh and they need a lounge in YOW!!!
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
How many WS flights did you take while Gold under the original promo? How many WS$s did you collect. Would be interesting to know what the baseline for this promo was.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Oh and they need a lounge in YOW!!!
Convince PlazaPremium since WS doesn't operate any of "its" lounges. Suspect WS doesn't get many "premium" customers at this airport as most MPs and Senators would be flying AC. Likely why no private lounges are operating at YOW. (Noticed earlier this summer than there's now a PP lounge at YWG.)
Old Sep 27, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by Shareholder
How many WS flights did you take while Gold under the original promo? How many WS$s did you collect. Would be interesting to know what the baseline for this promo was.
I think everyone with a Westjet membership got some form of invitation. The requalify one posted here, the status match one and I received one inviting me to Fast Track to Gold or Silver (spend $1500 or $1000 respectively by Dec. 31st) when I'm a lowly Teal. I missread it at first and thought I only had to get to $1500 not spend that much starting now! Not going to happen but no biggie, I usually sit in Plus seating so I get all I want upgrading at check-in.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
WS has treated me very well as a gold. ( well there is the soft drink matter but that applies to everyone on board ). I have switched all my tri-angle flights to them. Have not been on a PD or AC flight on those routes since the status match. This is great news, because its very hard to hit the spend on short haul flights. Next year I have a bunch of long haul domestic, which will go to WS. BTW I have been gate upgraded to + on my flights, not that big deal for an hour, but a nice gesture since the seat would have gone empty.

Last edited by yul36; Sep 27, 2015 at 4:23 pm
Old Sep 27, 2015, 5:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
one flight as in one OW flight or roundtrip?
Old Sep 27, 2015, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Hold on a minute.

This easy renewal thing...

T and C says top tier. Does this include E75K

I just booked a ws flight.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Hold on a minute.

This easy renewal thing...

T and C says top tier. Does this include E75K

I just booked a ws flight.
Aren't you Gold still from last year's matching offer SAP?

As to E75K ~ Gold, that is a question for Darren. I would say the spend would be very similar, so why not, but I don't make the rules.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Canuckmma
Aren't you Gold still from last year's matching offer SAP?

As to E75K ~ Gold, that is a question for Darren. I would say the spend would be very similar, so why not, but I don't make the rules.
Yeppers, still Gold. I just wanted to doublecheck after canadiancow and I had a discussion on email.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:57 am

Remember the WS status match applied to P25K and up from AC's program. So it was quite a generous status match. Same probably applies this year too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.