Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WS to install Panasonic IFE system as next gen IFE and power outlets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WS to install Panasonic IFE system as next gen IFE and power outlets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:19 pm

Wonder if the Encore flights will also be outfitted with the antenna.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by YYCguy
Yes, Recaro slimline seats will be installed, which will be good for overall space between one's seat and the seat in front, in my opinion.
The good ones, or the ones LH bought. Fine for under 2 hours but after that a butt breaker.

Any chance of air ground as one of the channel options like UA ch 9.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by yul36
The good ones, or the ones LH bought. Fine for under 2 hours but after that a butt breaker.
I'm not much in the know, but it seems a challenge has been put out to Recaro to make the 3520 slim line seat the same comfort levels as the 3510's that currently exist on the WS fleet.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:30 pm

Wonder if the Encore flights will also be outfitted with the antenna.
Nothing will be fitted on the Q400s. Short flight times, difficulty in finding a suitable spot for the antenna and limited avionics bay space for server and broadband systems are all against the practicality of fitting the same system as on the 737s.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Yes, Recaro slimline seats will be installed, which will be good for overall space between one's seat and the seat in front, in my opinion.
Provided that another row isn't added.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:49 pm

Finally some great news, power outlets were long overdue. Any idea on the pricing for the wifi? I hope is not as expensive as united.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Jpgaviria
Finally some great news, power outlets were long overdue. Any idea on the pricing for the wifi? I hope is not as expensive as united.
Hopefully they will offer some sort of free trial for a while, and then afterwards I am sure we can plan our next trip for free on the Westjet.com website?
Old Feb 23, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AC E35, Marriott, National
I'm not much in the know, but it seems a challenge has been put out to Recaro to make the 3520 slim line seat the same comfort levels as the 3510's that currently exist on the WS fleet.
The current sets are horrendous, if the bar they set is those then I will never fly WS. Top if off with an extra row for even less pitch and you have a torture chamber.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 5:13 pm

Well I sure do like the grey colored seats more than the blue colored ones. Much more comfortable. I am a short guy (5'3), but I have lower back pain and I find the grey colored seats make my back feel better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.