Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet FAQ & Tips thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*G), Westjet Gold
The Q400 does have smaller overhead bins, but they DO fit standard carry on suitcases. The bins are about 45" long, 10" tall, and 16" deep, so they can fit 2 standard 22x16x9 bags. Don't stuff a 9" deep bag to the max and expect it to fit though!

There is NO skycheck service available on encore, so if it doesn't fit in the bin or under the seat, it get checked.

A tip- if you have a standard carry on and its too deep for the bin, it may fit under the seat. I have a 20x14x9 bag, but stuffed the front pockets so much once that it was too thick for the bin. Because there is not IFE box or bar between the seats, there is about 11" of vertical clearance on the floor!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
Hello. I will be flying a segment with Westjet end of this year and saw they have PLUS seating. But how can I book it? I don't mind the extra fee, but as a rather long person I would appreciate spending 6+hours in a better seat...

I was able to find my flight on the westjet hompage (login with booking code), but no option for Upgrade. Any ideas? I assume the flight will be rather full, so I don't want to take any chances...
Thanks for any input
W
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Wombelero
Hello. I will be flying a segment with Westjet end of this year and saw they have PLUS seating. But how can I book it? I don't mind the extra fee, but as a rather long person I would appreciate spending 6+hours in a better seat...

I was able to find my flight on the westjet hompage (login with booking code), but no option for Upgrade. Any ideas? I assume the flight will be rather full, so I don't want to take any chances...
Thanks for any input
W
The only way I know if you want to upgrade to plus is you have to click on the change flight button (even though you don't want to change flights) then rebook your flight in the plus category when it comes up. Not sure if it will try and charge you a change fee or not. You may have to call in to the reservations line to get that waived if they do that sort of thing.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 11:02 am
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
There are two ways to upgrade to Plus:
1. Change your booking by paying the change fee and difference in fare.
2. During the check-in process.

Hope this helps!
Darren
Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:25 am

Hi Darren and Ace
Thank you for your answers, but I can't find a "change flight" button or link. I can enter " Manage booking" and see my flight listed with TripCase.
Can you please point me in teh right direction or send a link? I don't really understand why this process is so well hidden....

Thank you
W
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: WS Gold, SPG Plat, Nexus, HDC Gold, CCarlson Gold, HHonors Diamond,
Go to Westjet.com
Sign in with your WestJet ID
Click on "Manage Bookings"If the booking you want to change isn't listed, you can fill out your reservation code and last name in the blanks to bring it up
Under "Manage Your Air Booking" you have a "Select Seats" option, you can upgrade from this screen.

You can also upgrade during the online check in process, in person at the check in counter, or even on the plane provided there is space. The FA's don't always announce that last part, most often only on flights where Plus is mostly empty.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by Canuckmma
Go to Westjet.com
Sign in with your WestJet ID
Click on "Manage Bookings"If the booking you want to change isn't listed, you can fill out your reservation code and last name in the blanks to bring it up
Under "Manage Your Air Booking" you have a "Select Seats" option, you can upgrade from this screen.
This seems to be the problem. I can see my flight under Manage bookings, but there is no Change / Seect seat option.

I created a westjet account and tried to add my flight, but there he cannot find it....Any ideas? And if possible I don't want to wait for T-24...
Thanks
W
Old Aug 3, 2015, 11:41 am

This seems to be the problem. I can see my flight under Manage bookings, but there is no Change / Seect seat option.

I created a westjet account and tried to add my flight, but there he cannot find it....Any ideas? And if possible I don't want to wait for T-24...
Thanks
W
Do you not see these four options when you've selected the applicable booking?

In this example the 1st three are not selectable though as the flight is in a few hours, so just ignore that part. Besides, what you want to see is the Select Seats option anyways.

Choosing Select Seats will bring up the seat map where you can make your choice from the available seats.

Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:15 pm

Thank you for the detailled description. My problem is that my flight is not displayed under "air intinerary details". I get an error when I try to add it.
But I see my flight with the correct details when I enter "Manage bookings" (which seems to be different to the air itinerary, it opens another website).
W
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:49 pm

Thank you for the detailled description. My problem is that my flight is not displayed under "air intinerary details". I get an error when I try to add it.
But I see my flight with the correct details when I enter "Manage bookings" (which seems to be different to the air itinerary, it opens another website).
W
Sounds like you'll have to just give them a call and do it over the phone then.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:59 am

Thanks for all the help. I want to give them money for the Plus seats but they won't take it. Strange for an airline....Called their hotline, telling me that I need to contact my TA as the flight is part of a larger itinerary and they can't do anything.
TA claims the same, he is also not able to book plus seats. Now, the TA might not be used to westjet, but I don't see why Westjet is making a simple (paid) upgrade such a task. Grrr.
W
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:06 pm
Company Representative: WestJet

Programs: WestJet Rewards
Totally random, but just realized you fine folks have no idea who I am (other than my name and that I'm on the WestJet social media team).

Here's a video that shows how I look and sound! https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=westjet+golf. I'm the announcer with the Australian accent in in the blue suit with WestJet Tartan Tie.

Cheers,
Darren
Old Sep 20, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by WestJet
Totally random, but just realized you fine folks have no idea who I am (other than my name and that I'm on the WestJet social media team).

Here's a video that shows how I look and sound! https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=westjet+golf. I'm the announcer with the Australian accent in in the blue suit with WestJet Tartan Tie.

Cheers,
Darren

Nice to see and hear you. Thanks for sharing. We will have to fire up the Bar-b sometime!
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by WestJet

Cheers,
Darren
Thanks Darren now whenever I read one of your posts I am going to have an Aussie accent in my head.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Now that WestJet is approved for TSA PreCheck, is there any way to store your trusted traveler number in your account, or do you need to enter it for each flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.