Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westjet and American to Code Share

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by yul36
Wait until the AA golds and Platinums find out there is no priority boarding, check in or first class. Wonder how many times they will be back.
Compared to not getting to cities like Regina and Saskatoon at all, I'm sure WestJet will be quite acceptable. Much better than Jazz on a CRJ, you have to admit.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by briantoronto
How do you see these are all code shared?
If you put in any of those Canadian O&Ds (YYG, YDF, YHZ, YQM, YUL, YOW, YQB, YYT, YQY, YQT, YWG) and either LAX or DFW in step 1 of booking on westjet.com, you will see "Operated by American Airlines" on the applicable segments when you are presented with flight options. I've checked for all 11 Canadian O&Ds against both LAX and DFW, they are all available. DFW is a lot easier to see in the available flight options, as WS doesn't fly there, you have to look a bit further with the LAX options, due to both WS only and WS/AA routing.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
I live in Boston and have family in Edmonton YEG. glad to know that I can use/earn AA miles to go to YEG now! However, only route is via YYZ. I might as well use Air Canada. I was hoping to avoid Pearson airport and the customs headaches there.

Usually fly to MSP or ORD.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by cdoobiest
I live in Boston and have family in Edmonton YEG. glad to know that I can use/earn AA miles to go to YEG now! However, only route is via YYZ. I might as well use Air Canada. I was hoping to avoid Pearson airport and the customs headaches there.
If you fly to Canada often, consider getting NEXUS. It expedites the process quite nicely.
Old May 21, 2011, 9:19 am

WestJet is now codesharing on AA flights from YYC and YVR to DFW.
Old May 30, 2011, 6:31 pm

WestJet now codeshares to Boston and Chicago.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.