Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Westin Premier
Reload this Page >

Starwood new FG program info coming

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood new FG program info coming

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 1999, 8:40 pm

Programs: AC*S100K SPG Gold
Speaking with a Westin Premier rep yesterday, I learned that Westin Points would be
converted at a 5:1 ratio, and that the breakfast gratuity would no longer be offered.
Old Feb 3, 1999, 4:34 pm

I stayed at the Westin Ottawa yesterday. Apparently the launch of the program has been delayed until at least mid Feb. I wish the info was more forthcoming. Oh well, I recd the breakfast gratuity (my meal allowance is sub standard)
Old Feb 3, 1999, 5:53 pm

I don't know if the service rep I talked to yesterday had a clue. I just called Starwood at 888 625 4988. They had my account and status info right there. I mentioned that Gold seemed difficult to achieve with SW, and they upgraded me, even though I was only Burgandy with WP. The rewards seemed good, and I wasn't disapointed with the conversion. Although we will be hit with the low value of C$ once again. 1US$ = 2 Starpoints. SO they will convert Can$ to US$ before arriving at Starpoints. Too bad that they lost Air Canada (neither Canadian nor Air Can would belong to the same hotel club) The rep on the phone was very helpful. Also check out a review of the SW Plan on the Inside Flyer web page.
Old Feb 4, 1999, 10:48 pm
Original Member

As always, look out when they say new and improved. Yes, Starwood has luxury hotels all over the world. But, of course we lose the breakfast and the air miles.
Old Feb 6, 1999, 12:04 am
Used to be 'lohiadk'

I would disagree with people who say the new program is worse. Now you can transfer points to many different airlines and also get a bonus of 5000 miles when you transfer 20,000. Also if you are a platinum level member the breakfast allowance is not needed as the club level already includes breakfast. The points required for a free night are lower. No black out dates. Soon they will come ut with all inclusive awards too.
Old Feb 9, 1999, 12:15 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
To Hussar,
Yes, it's too bad that they lose Air Canada. But they announced a marketing alliance with Canadian Airlines. Canadian Plus members earn up to 1,000 points for each qualifying stay at Westin properties worldwide. And as an added bonus, Canadian Plus members will receive double points when they stay at participating Westin hotels in Canada through April 30, 1999. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Feb 9, 1999, 3:59 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
why is it still "Westin". Shouldn't it be all Starwood-hotels now?
Old Feb 9, 1999, 9:01 pm
Original Member

Rudi, I agree. But, Starwood is not that well known as the popular brands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.