Del Rio, Texas???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Del Rio, Texas???

Who has been there, what to do?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: WN RR
It's a sleepy border city of about 40,000. IMO, it's nicer than the larger border cities of Brownsville or Laredo.

As for things to do, there's the Amistad Recreation Area and a couple of museums.

On our local news weather map, it's often one of the hottest places in Texas. Since you're coming from IAH, you probably won't mind that so much.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:56 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
My siter lived there for several years....as far as I know Lake Amistad was the big deal in town.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Riverwalk
It's a sleepy border city of about 40,000. IMO, it's nicer than the larger border cities of Brownsville or Laredo.

As for things to do, there's the Amistad Recreation Area and a couple of museums.

On our local news weather map, it's often one of the hottest places in Texas. Since you're coming from IAH, you probably won't mind that so much.
Yep, checked out those websites already. I'm riding my motorcycle there from Houston. Want to knock out a few distance rides before I go overseas again. Just did SAT last week. Stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort.

I may cross the border and check out that bar where El Mariachi and Desperado were filmed. I hope nobody shoots the place up Maybe I'll run into Cheech and Antonio

M8
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:23 am

Programs: WN RR
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8
Yep, checked out those websites already. I'm riding my motorcycle there from Houston. Want to knock out a few distance rides before I go overseas again. Just did SAT last week. Stayed at the Hyatt Hill Country Resort.
If you're going that far and can spare the time, you should consider heading farther out west to check out Big Bend. There's some beautiful country out there.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Riverwalk
If you're going that far and can spare the time, you should consider heading farther out west to check out Big Bend. There's some beautiful country out there.
Yep, but not this trip. BB is indeed some of the best motorcycle riding terrain in the country.

Thanks,

M8

P.S. I hope this rain lets up by next Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.