Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monterey / Big Sur CA

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2003, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Monterey / Big Sur CA

A couple of short reviews on Cafe Fina on the wharf in Monterey and Nepenthe in Big Sur.

Cafe Fina was so good that we went back for seconds the following night. The Halibut cheeks were just too good of a special to pass up. The service was impeccable. The goat cheese and smoked salmon crostini were just great paired together and the Benardus and Clos Du Bois wines were first rate.

We went to Nepenthe for the view and appetizers. The place was packed as the Big Sur Marathon was being run the next day. The view was as stunning as ever, the service friendly. We actually had a competition with the Bar Tenders on who made the better G&T. We had smoked trout and tahani appetizers to munch on and watched the sink into the Pacific.

I could scarce take it in. This area has to be in the Top Ten most beautiful places in the world. From stunning vistas to rugged shorelines, mountains and streams, Redwoods and scrubgrass. It is truly a special special place.

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.