Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2003, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

North Terminal

Does anyone know if the plans for the North Terminal have been cancelled or just back burnered until the economy improves. I'm not referring to the North Satellite, but the North Terminal. Apparently, they were going to build an entirely new building (by demolishing the area where there's mostly cargo) with new gates, have an external train system (similar to that at ORD) to travel from the South Terminal (existing terminal and concourses) and the North Terminal.
Old Apr 17, 2003, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
The North Terminal concept is essentially dead - new designs being considered focus around a extension of the main terminal to the north (up to and including the "old" North Terminal area) - the design will allow for gradual phase-in of new gates (and lower initial $$ investment). Look for more definitive design proposals by the end of the year.

When will the extensions be constructed? Don't hold your breath - the current terminal will be improved to handle additional capacity that, depending on how fast air travel returns, will be sufficient for many years to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.