Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Getting a birthday-cake near Santa Rosa...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2003, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC

OK, my wife made me post this...please don't beat me up if the answer is obvious...;-)!

Our son will have his 17th birthday next week, and my wife is kind of obsessed that he should get a birthday cake with candles and stuff like that after dinner. We will be in Santa Rose at that time and would like to have something near the place (read 30 Min. drive max) we stay, the Hilton Santa Rosa, if possible

Does anybody have an idea on how to arrange stuff like that (do you just go to the restaurant and order it, or buy a cake in advance and drop it off at the restaurant in the afternoon???), and especially a restaurant that can be suggested for such a thing?

Sorry if the answer is obvious...any help offered would be very much appreciated.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 14, 2003, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Hi Dirk,

Well, I can try to offer some advice, as I've done this sort of thing a few times. And I'm actually from that area (born in Petaluma, which is about 20 minutes south of Santa Rosa).

When I've wanted to bring a cake to a restaurant in the past, I've always called ahead to make sure that they'd be ok with it. Some restaurants sometimes won't allow it because they want you to buy their desserts. But some restaurants don't offer birthday-type cakes, and therefore allow you to bring your own.

As far as getting the cake, I guess there are a few options. First, and probably most convenient, you could find a restaurant that has the kind of cake that your son likes, and then just get it for him from the restaurant. If you decided to go the route of buying a cake and bringing it, you can either buy a cake at a Supermarket or a bakery nearby. I'm not too familiar with where the Hilton is. Do you have the address? Why don't you go ahead and email me and I'll see if I can think of a restaurant I'd recommend. Also, let me know what kind of food or type of place you were looking to go to, as well as how many people will be there.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 9:09 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
You might want to call the hotel directly for their suggestions. If they don't do that type of thing in-house, I'm sure they have names of places who will do it for you.

Old Apr 17, 2003, 10:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
I'm not sure what your son's taste in pastry is... I can say that I like this place, though!

http://www.patisserieangelica.com/
Old Apr 22, 2003, 10:53 pm

Hi Dirk, I think checking with the restaurant first is good advice. If you go outside for the cake, try a grocery store like Safeway or Albertsons. Nearly all of these have bakeries. They can do a completely custom one with a day's notice, or put your son's name on one that's already made in a few minutes.

JP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.