Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

SLC..... Is Anyone Going?

Old Dec 28, 01, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I'll be there from Feb 16-22. Where are you staying?
Old Jan 5, 02, 2:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL FO, UA PLT
I live here, but I will be out of town on a cruise from Feb 15-25.
Old Jan 7, 02, 5:01 pm

Shrouded in the secrecy of a thin blue tarp and supported by what looked like a giant cast-iron rib cage, the Olympic caldron was wheeled into Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on Sunday after a five-hour circuitous trip from Davis County.

The caldron -- at least 90 feet tall and said to be made mostly of glass -- will be home to the Olympic flame for the 17-day duration of the 2002 Games next month.

http://www.sltrib.com/
Old Jan 8, 02, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have tickets for the Slovakia-Germany Hockey game on 2/9 and Ski Jumping Finals on 2/10
Old Jan 8, 02, 7:59 pm

Trying to ensure public safety during next month's Olympics promises to be a herculean effort involving hundreds of police officers from dozens of law enforcement agencies, scores of federal agents and more than 2,000 National Guard troops.

http://www.sltrib.com/01082002/utah/165511.htm
Old Jan 9, 02, 7:32 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA PlatPro, SPG/Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Was going to, but when did not like the ticket packages offered at all. Do not understand why I can't purchase only the events I want.
Old Jan 9, 02, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chipper:
I live here, but I will be out of town on a cruise from Feb 15-25. </font>
My son lives in Salt Lake too. Have a great trip

Old Jan 14, 02, 7:22 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL FO, UA PLT
Ticket brokers in SLC still have a lot of inventory. The SL Trib was saying that travel agencies and ticket brokers were getting nervous.
Old Jan 16, 02, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
We were going to go, but my husband doesn't want to, now. There was a great report on 60 minutes about the security they're planning. I wouldn't feel anymore unsafe there than here at home.

By the way, since I'm not going, I have two tickets to the men's final downhill on February 10, at 10:00 a.m. if anyone is interested. No charge. It was a waste of money anyway, since we're not going. Just email me and I'll send them along. I've asked around here and no one we know is a) going to the Olympics, or b) doesn't need the tickets. Unfortunately, these are not reserved seats, just for General Admission to the event. I assume that means you have to stand.

Search this Thread