Wiki Posts
Search

SLC Family Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2024, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
SLC Family Hotel

Looking for SLC lodging recommendations for a summertime family trip. Priorities are family-friendly, quiet, proximity to attractions, cost, and decent breakfast. Suites work better for us than separate rooms. Most of what we plan to see is Downtown, but we'll (probably) have a car. Residence Inn Downtown seems like the leading contender at the moment.

TIA
Old May 5, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Residence Inn might be your best option if you want separate bedrooms.it’s a matter of

what do you want to see in town?
what do you want close by?
Old May 5, 2024, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djp98374
Residence Inn might be your best option if you want separate bedrooms.its a matter of

what do you want to see in town?
what do you want close by?
Everything we plan to see is Downtown except the aviation museum and the zoo. Those 2 sites seem to necessitate a car, and I'm leaning toward renting over rideshare. Since the majority of what we plan to see is Downtown, I was planning on booking a hotel Downtown. I can easily be talked out of that if there's some advantage to staying in another part of the city.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you do go to Hogle Zoo, then also go see Red Butte Gardens and, especially, the Natural History Museum of Utah. It is fantastic. https://nhmu.utah.edu/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amanuensis
If you do go to Hogle Zoo, then also go see Red Butte Gardens and, especially, the Natural History Museum of Utah. It is fantastic. https://nhmu.utah.edu/
Added! I'm debating between 4 and 5 days. Pushing me to 5 is "5th Night Free" with Marriott.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.