Reload this Page >

Gallup and/or Albuquerque NM -- things to do/see, restaurants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gallup and/or Albuquerque NM -- things to do/see, restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2024, 6:43 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Two food questions

Dumb question: most of my experience with Mexican food is TexMex. Looking forward to some time in New Mexico and trying new styles. Now the dumb question: which is generally spicier, red or green sauce/chile? (I have some prescription drug related issues that has made spicier harder for my mouth and taste buds to take 🙁 )

One of the things I know I want on our upcoming trip is carne asada tacos. But I am a minimalist -- a FEW onions, lots of cilantro, very mild salsa. So what places do you recommend that give you the tortilla and meat but then you load the rest of the stuff at a sidebar?
Old Mar 8, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: SPEBSQSA
Your can always request the chile on the side. If your all for Christmas, you'll get a little of both.

Some restaurants will take offense at the comparison of Mexican and New Mexican, so read the sign. I love Padilla's for New Mexican (ask for the sopapillas to be delivered after the meal) and Arturo's for Mexican.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an FYI: I was in Albuquerque yesterday… and it rained.

I know NM is a very Catholic state but even I was surprised at how many people were at Pappadeaux at 3 pm on a Friday, even if it is Lent. The shrimp poboy and shrimp and crabmeat gumbo were excellent, though.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:01 am

and snowed overnight!
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:01 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Unfortunately our trip has had to be canceled. Hopefully this summer!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Unfortunately our trip has had to be canceled. Hopefully this summer!
Let us know when you are headed back our way.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gathering of Nations

Just an FYI: The Gathering of Nations, billed as the largest powwow in North America, begins in Albuquerque this Thursday (April 25, 2024) and runs through Saturday evening. Depending on your predilections you may want to either get to or avoid Albuquerque during this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.