Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

What would you do from 7 AM to 3 PM in Denver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2023, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I'll be spending the night in Denver. I know it's last minute, but what would you do if it's your first time in Denver? I have to head to DEN at around 3 PM. Going to get some food before flying out. I'll be staying at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. What's the biggest mall that I can go to via transit?
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If you're willing to include an outdoor "mall", you want the 16th Street Mall. It's right in the heart of Denver, closed to traffic except for shuttle busses, and goes for quite a few blocks.
lsquare and pbiflyer like this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Yeah, you can walk from your hotel all the way down 16th to the train station. Have bite (and several good places for beer if you are into that).
Stroll back. Bunch of places to grab breakfast and coffee in the morning.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2023, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
16th Street Mall is under pretty significant construction at the moment, and it's also in a pretty terrible state of flux since the pandemic due to stores/restaurants closing or moving. Cherry Creek Mall is not very far away, has quite a few of the higher-end brand stores, and has a lot of boutique shops near the mall.

Maybe take an Uber to Washington Park and go for a walk, then find a place for coffee/breakfast on Pearl Street (in Denver, not Boulder). Then Uber back to downtown and do a quick walking on 16th Street Mall while looking for a place for lunch/drinks. Lots of different breweries within walking distance.
lsquare likes this.

Last edited by pseudoswede; Jun 29, 2023 at 11:13 am
Old Jun 29, 2023, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Long story short, I'm going to spend all of today and most of tomorrow in Denver. I'll still be checking kit this thread if anyone here has any suggestions for me.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lsquare
Long story short, I'm going to spend all of today and most of tomorrow in Denver. I'll still be checking kit this thread if anyone here has any suggestions for me.
Sorry I can't be much help on this. It's been over five years since I regularly went to downtown (my company's office was a block north of Coors Field). I now stay in my south suburban bubble, and I kvetch if I have to leave it.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Well, this week is Fan Expo at Convention Center. This is like comic con. The main hotel is your hotel which sold out on Saturday night. So I would say it might be fun to watch all the people dress up going from the Convention Center and walking around the Hotel. I am not sure this works with your schedule. Side note--I am taking my 14 old daughter and 3 of her friend so I might need a few drinks at the hotel.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

If you guys have to eat one thing before leaving Denver, what would it be?
Old Jun 30, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Rocky mountain oysters?
Old Jul 1, 2023, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Tattered Cover is kind of a must for any bibliophile.
amanuensis and aztimm like this.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Meh. A shadow of its former Cherry Creek self.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Well, this week is Fan Expo at Convention Center. This is like comic con. The main hotel is your hotel which sold out on Saturday night. So I would say it might be fun to watch all the people dress up going from the Convention Center and walking around the Hotel. I am not sure this works with your schedule. Side note--I am taking my 14 old daughter and 3 of her friend so I might need a few drinks at the hotel.
I did see a lot of people dressed up around the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 5:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
Isn't there a nice restaurant on the top floor? It has been ages (late 90s), but I remember eating there and how it seemed strange to go through the bookstore to eat.
MileHighColorado likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by aztimm
Isn't there a nice restaurant on the top floor? It has been ages (late 90s), but I remember eating there and how it seemed strange to go through the bookstore to eat.
Ooooh, that i don't remember. I think I remember going to the original one on the 16th St Mall and then one on Colfax which I agree was not as impressive. I remember being young enough to remember the Visa commercials that highlighted Tattered Cover in Denver and Elliot Bay in Seattle. Once I was traveling on my own I made it a point to hit independent bookstores in whatever city I visited. Elliott Bay was so much better when it was still down by Pioneer Square.
Old Jul 7, 2023, 7:30 am

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Originally Posted by aztimm
Yes you are correct that might have been the 1990s....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.