Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Great Sand Dunes National Park (COVID reopening)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR

Hi, we are planning a Colorado road trip and wanted to stop at at the park along the way from Colorado Springs to Pagosa Springs. We're looking for an opportunity to drive there, see the dunes and take a few pictures (and maybe walk on the sand for no more than 30 minutes). Is this possible given current COVID restrictions, and is there a particular part of the park we should look to visit for the best views? I see the visitor center is closed but wondering based on the below whether it's possible to drive there and park, and walk around the area without a reservation?

Looks like digital passes to the park are not available for sale unless you plan to camp there overnight which we do not.

https://www.nps.gov/grsa/learn/news/...on-june-17.htm

Last edited by safra1; Jun 21, 2020 at 9:31 am
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure the park is open and you can do all the things you plan. The inside visitor center is closed, staff will have tables etc outside.
Doesn't look like this park requires advanced entrance permit like Yosemite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.