Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > West
Reload this Page >

Driving from Yellowstone to Glacier -where to stop/what to see?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

Tomorrow (Sunday) I'll be driving from West Yellowstone, MT to Kalispell, MT, which is outside the west entrance to Glacier National Park.

My question is what route to take and what to see.

Leaving West Yellowstone, my immediate options would be taking route 287 north to I-90 or route 191 north which joins I-90 a bit further east at Bozeman. Is one route more scenic or better than the other? Is it worth including Bozeman and stopping somewhere there? I like a good museum but I'm not that interested in paleontology.

I plan to stop by the Montana State Capitol. From I-90, should I take route 287 or I-15 through Butte? 287 is shorter, is there a reason to go through Butte?

From Helena, I may or may not go through Lincoln and try to see the Unabomber's old property. After that, I definitely want to see the Garden of 1,000 Buddhas at Arlee.

Then I guess either 93 all the way to Kalispell or deviate to the east side of Flathead Lake on route 35. I hear that's more scenic.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.