Two Days in Denver...Need Hotel Advice!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR

Hi everyone,

I planned a two day trip to Denver in September, and need hotel advice. I have only been a handful of times, and generally go to Vail or Aspen. I found a hotel called the Halcyon. Does anyone have any experience with this hotel? It looks great, and has tons of amenities. Please advise! Also open to other hotel recommendations. Preferably looking to stay downtown.

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2017, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
It's a Sage property (Sage is local to Denver) and their track record on restoring older properties is generally good. This appears to be new construction. I think it's where the post office used to be.

That pool is little more than two people wide, though.

Keep in mind, this is Cherry Creek, NOT downtown.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
It's a Sage property (Sage is local to Denver) and their track record on restoring older properties is generally good. This appears to be new construction. I think it's where the post office used to be.

That pool is little more than two people wide, though.

Keep in mind, this is Cherry Creek, NOT downtown.
Yea I had seen that it was in Cherry Creek - which seems like a nice little area. They provide transportation within 2 miles of the hotel. Would that get me to downtown or not really?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Two miles won't get you into downtown. Uber will be pretty inexpensive.
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Kimpton just opened their newest property in Denver, the Hotel Born. Definitely worth a visit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.